No Image Transmission Signal

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Phantom 3 Professional. I have flown it a few times with no issues. Got it about a year and a half ago. I would have to downgrade the firmware every now and again to get it to work. The last couple of times I have tried to use it I am getting a "No Image Transmission Signal".

I have tried to look through what everyone else has gone through with no luck.

Tried downgrading the firmware 1.5.8, 1.6.0. All with and without the SD card in the drone. And re-formatting it. I have also bought a new one just in case.

Need some help here. Never crashed it or done anything.

Thanks,

Austin

There are three cases:

Transmission signal with images
Transmission signal with no images
No transmission signal no images

Yours is the last case, which means something wrong with power or connectivity or the hardware. Do you get signal when aircraft is very close to RC?

There are three cases:

Transmission signal with images
Transmission signal with no images
No transmission signal no images

Yours is the last case, which means something wrong with power or connectivity or the hardware. Do you get signal when aircraft is very close to RC?

No I do not get image signal when its right next to it.

That shows the transmitter on aircraft has gone bad or receiver on RC is not working. You need a spare AC or RC to figure it out now.

Reactions: Razorback1
That shows the transmitter on aircraft has gone bad or receiver on RC is not working. You need a spare AC or RC to figure it out now.

I was having a lost image and severe delay problems with my IPhone 5. I had an older one, 2 years old, and getting frustrated. It was one I had retired a couple of months ago to buy a newer one and thought it would be good to erase all programs and use it only with my Phantom. Decided to try my new phone and it worked flawlessly.

Hi Guys,

I had the same/similar issues detailed here, and managed to fix it by following this process:

firmware update fail "Device not found"

I won't say it's quick and easy, it took a long time, due to how long it takes to update the firmware, but if you're facing a large repair bill, it's got to be worth a try surely?

Best of luck!

hi,
I have the no image transmission signal showing up on my ipad. the camera will display on the ipad but when i go to take a picture it freezes and says no image transmission signal. i bought it used and tried it out for the first time today. the camera is also looking like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 545
hi,
I have the no image transmission signal showing up on my ipad. the camera will display on the ipad but when i go to take a picture it freezes and says no image transmission signal. i bought it used and tried it out for the first time today. the camera is also looking like this.
Only couple ideas you can try have play with transmission channels or your camera settings,for example 1080/30 fps each time you change view on camera the picture alters slightly

Hello looks like I'm having the same problem everything was working very good then I did my preflight ready to compile video and nothing fron the video feed
U still get all telemetry and she recorded but did not transmit on next try she did not record or transmit however I am still getting telemetry and the moving map wirks

Well I have senario #2 with my P3P, good signal on the graph but DJI Go app says " No Image Transmisson Signal". My iPad and iPhone both say the same thing. I believe the camera is functional because it reacts to covering the lens by raising the ISO but no images on screen. No images recorded, vid or still. Any ideas. Fyi, this is following a replacement of the flex cable and gimbal arm following a crash. It flys fine, gimbal is fine. TIA, Carl

Well I have senario #2 with my P3P, good signal on the graph but DJI Go app says " No Image Transmisson Signal". My iPad and iPhone both say the same thing. I believe the camera is functional because it reacts to covering the lens by raising the ISO but no images on screen. No images recorded, vid or still. Any ideas. Fyi, this is following a replacement of the flex cable and gimbal arm following a crash. It flys fine, gimbal is fine. TIA, Carl
Carl, what we ask in most of the many "no image transmission" threads is to post your LOG_AB file so that we can see the status of individual modules. There is specific concern about seeing modules 8 and 15 showing as "device not detected". Most of these posts mention the same symptoms you are noting - all works normally other than no image.

In case you or anyone doesnt know about the LOG_AB file, look on your SD card in the path below. The LOG_AB file shows the FW version of the assorted modules / components of your Phantom and if they did or did not need a change during a FW update. P3A and P3P have a couple of different components, so you may see "device not detected" for that reason -or- if a component is bad such as a gimbal board burning out.

Note that the LOG_AB file is a different txt file than you look at for the general overall "success" indication when you update FW. Look on your SD card in the following path....

Some of the folders may be hidden:
MISC/LOG/

Then find your LOG_AB file: P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt (for P3P) -or- P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt (for P3A)

Reactions: JoBe
I can't find any such files on the SD card. I even did a search on the card. What am I doing wrong?
I can now say that while I was flying I made some vids and stills and the camera DID record those files despite that fact there was no screen video.

I can't find any such files on the SD card. I even did a search on the card. What am I doing wrong?
I can now say that while I was flying I made some vids and stills and the camera DID record those files despite that fact there was no screen video.
It is probably hidden as noted earlier. Try to set your computer to show hidden files.

Reactions: JoBe
Ok, the log folder is there, along with IDX,THM and XCODE folders but log folder is empty.

How about a DJI flight log?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan