No HD signal

Reaction score
Today I charged up my P3P which has worked perfectly on its original software from 3 yrs ago, however it wouldn’t connect with the transmitter. The motors and gimbal tilt all work but there is no HD data transmission, when I go into status it says everything is normal , but I have no a/c data, ie battery levels, camera menu, and all the selections are set to off, or zero. It worked just fine a month ago and has been in its backpack since then so not been damaged.
The drone does its selftest and gimbal dance and the lights flash slow green.
I have had numerous pop ups about upgrading which I have ignored seeing as it worked just fine and because of the many tales of woe regarding failed upgrades.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

The slow flashing green on the AC means all is normal and it has GPS and is ready to fly. What does it says top center in the go app?

Reactions: JoBe
I have no a/c data, ie battery levels, camera menu,
A random thought here. Do you still use an iPad Mini 4? Perhaps you are in full screen mode? Have you tried swiping up and down to go in and out of full screen?

Also, perhaps your battery is not fully inserted? Have you swapped USB cables? Are you seeing the live video on your device?

Last edited:
Today I charged up my P3P which has worked perfectly on its original software from 3 yrs ago, however it wouldn’t connect with the transmitter. The motors and gimbal tilt all work but there is no HD data transmission, when I go into status it says everything is normal , but I have no a/c data, ie battery levels, camera menu, and all the selections are set to off, or zero. It worked just fine a month ago and has been in its backpack since then so not been damaged.
The drone does its selftest and gimbal dance and the lights flash slow green.
I have had numerous pop ups about upgrading which I have ignored seeing as it worked just fine and because of the many tales of woe regarding failed upgrades.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?
Relink ac and rc

I tried all of these suggestions, restarted app, transmitter and a/c, the top of the screen shows all the normal icons but all of them show no data and it says a/c disconnected and the heading and speed info in the bottom left are also blank. There is nothing coming back from the drone, only the basic flight controls work so it sounds like either a fault on the HD transmissions from the drone, or the HD part of the transmitter.
Just want to make sure there is no easy fix before I start opening things to check for a loose plug etc.

I tried all of these suggestions, restarted app, transmitter and a/c, the top of the screen shows all the normal icons but all of them show no data and it says a/c disconnected and the heading and speed info in the bottom left are also blank. There is nothing coming back from the drone, only the basic flight controls work so it sounds like either a fault on the HD transmissions from the drone, or the HD part of the transmitter.
Just want to make sure there is no easy fix before I start opening things to check for a loose plug etc.
I would try another device first before that,,it seems your conected with drone but device not display,,got green light on rc and AC,,,what colour gimble light,green ??if all green you are conected with drone,,,try another usb cord aswell

Yes green lights on all 3, what is strange is I flew a month ago put it in its case and didn’t move it until I tried to use it yesterday. The only thing I can think of is the backpack fell about a foot and a half from the back seat to the ground when I was putting it in the car, but its an original DJI backpack so everything was secured, but I guess it still could have had a shock.

Yes green lights on all 3, what is strange is I flew a month ago put it in its case and didn’t move it until I tried to use it yesterday. The only thing I can think of is the backpack fell about a foot and a half from the back seat to the ground when I was putting it in the car, but its an original DJI backpack so everything was secured, but I guess it still could have had a shock.
OK just off me head I would closely inspect those cam ribbons and gimble ribbon though I can't see how they could damage but never know with these things,,yip give it the check over ,check all connections,,,my brain go have a search

If the app says "Disconnected" (never seen AC DISCONNECTED) then the RC isnt communicating with your device (phone/tablet). Flight functions will still work. Try a new USB cable.

A random thought here. Do you still use an iPad Mini 4? Perhaps you are in full screen mode? Have you tried swiping up and down to go in and out of full screen? Also, perhaps your battery is not fully inserted? Have you swapped USB cables? Are you seeing the live video on your device?

hey does that full screen thing work on other ipads or only mini4? i've not seen this before

Just an update, I opened the transmitter but found no obvious faults. Next time I turned the drone on it came up with the camera working BUT, it closed the app down in less than 2 seconds! Every time I opened the app it shut me down immediately. So I suspect a software conflict, I have never updated my drone as it has worked perfectly. So I was on App 2.7.0. RC 1.4.10. AC 1.5.80 or so I thought. Now I see the App has somehow updated to 3.1.47 so is this the reason the App crashes on startup? I am tempted to downgrade the app back to 2.7.0 if possible as I am yet to be convinced of the advantges of updating the RC and AC especially if there is reduced functionality over my 3 yr old software, any input much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart