Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No change with 3.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mindbender, May 8, 2013.

1. mindbender

I just did a test flight after upgrading to 3.1 and my phantom flew exactly the same. :( Same rectangular drift when hovering. same loss of GPS lock when yawing. None of the improvements most are seeing. The only thing I can think of is that while on the screen that shows all the gain settings, I clicked Default and they all changed (to maybe pre upgrade values). Could someone who is seeing improvements with 3.1 please post their gain settings. I can then set mine to match and see if that make a diffence. Thanks.

2. Gary39

I didn't see any change in mine either,they must be doing something different unless they had bad phantoms to start with.

3. auck

gains will not help with drifting phantoms. have you done an advance calibration of your IMU through the NAZA software? also, have you re-calibrated your compass?

4. Gizmo3000

You'll definitely want to run the Advanced Calibration, and do the Compass calibration spin-around as well.
    that should help with the drifting a bit.
    But you should notice a slightly improved handling and performance. (that or there's a placebo effect where people think it's better simply because it's an update)