Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No calibrate no satellite signal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkbarnes1983, Jan 17, 2014.

1. mkbarnes1983

I posted this earlier to a previous post but hopefully get something back on my own.

Hello all this is my first post because before I was just toying around with RC airplanes and never knew this kind of thing existed so to speak :D ....anyways, after pacing the floor on the day of the arrival (i took 3 days off work just to build and try this machine out) It finally came in. Well, first off, the dji app for it was down during the exact time I was wanting to try it. Then I ran into another problem.....It wont calibrate (virtically...just flashing red/yellow lights) and in addition when I did take it out (figured i could do it on my own....lol) I noticed it didn't connect to any satellites. So to make a long story short I cannot fly my phantom 2 vision because it cant be calibrated and it will not connect to the satellites. And I believe I have all of the latest software downloaded. Can anyone help??

I work a TON so best way is to either email me at mkbarnes1983@cox.net or even a text.

i just hate spending a lot of hard earned cash on something that (with my luck) is defective.

2. Pull_Up

Hi. Few things...

Make sure both switches on the transmitter are fully up.
    Make sure you are calibrating the compass in a nice open area, nothing metallic close by (even under ground).
    Make sure you are flying in a nice open area with clear line of sight to much of the sky.
    Make sure you leave if for a few minutes after switch on to try and get a satellite lock - the first time can take a lot longer than subsequent flights.

Don't fly it without calibrating the compass - bad stuff can happen. If you still can't get it calibrated and/or satellites then let us know and we'll have a look at what the Assistant software can tell us.