Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

nexus 7 trouble

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by wildcatter, May 11, 2014.

1. wildcatter

I use a nexus 7 with my vision and it works fine . When I try to use it with my vision plus I can not rotate the camera, any ideas anyone?

2. denofr

If you're talking about the gimbal you might want to make sure the '4 wire' ribbon cable above the camera is firmly in place. It controls gimbal movement.

3. wildcatter

That's not it it works fine with my phone just not the nexus.

4. DBS

DBS

Wow... now that's a strange one... When you touch the controls on the Nexus 7 does the display show movement in the bar slider at the right of the screen? Or is it just dead buttons...

If it is dead buttons... is your N7 rooted and did you adjust your DPI settings to trigger tablet UI?

5. 4wd

4wd

Try deleting the app and re-installing.
    It definitely does normally work with the Nexus 7.

6. wildcatter

when I touch the display it shows movement but camera does nothing. I deleted the app and reloaded, still doesn't work right.

7. joefuller757

You're a bright guy based on your posts (especially the power mods you made to your case). I use a Nexus 7 (recent generation). Is it possible you've accidentally touched the gyrospcope icon and put the app into "tilt" mode or whatever they call it? Just grasping here.

8. wildcatter

Well thanks, but that isn't the case either. My nexus 7 is the 2012 model with the Sims card. This one has me stumped.

9. Elginet

ok....I'm glad you brought this up. I put my Nexus 7 away because of this issue and went back to my iphone or ipad (using the iphone app).

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Plus because with my other P2V it functioned fine. My P2V+ is at DJI right now recovering from surgery so I'll send them a note about this while it's there and see what they have to say about it.

10. wildcatter

I would like to hear what they have to say about it.

11. abacus01

Re: nexus 7 trouble works great for me

I just flew mine with the nexus 7 the 2013 edition. It worked like a charm. GPS and gimbal moved up and down. No problems. Battery pooped out after 15 minutes..but that happens normally anyway. Took pics and videos everything worked fine.

12. wildcatter

Thanks to droneslinger.com I have solved the problem. All is good and it is a beautiful thing... :cool:

13. wildcatter

I have always had a problem with the vision app being uncompatible with my nexus 7 2012. I have always had to down load from a different source,other than the play store. so it does not update. Like I said, Thanks Droneslinger....... :D