Newly installed Litchi: "DISCONNECTED" What?!

THANK you! While I hate like hell to update all firmware (the aircraft I obviously cannot, anyway, since it is done from the app...which doesn't connect...), I will try as much of these recommendations, in order, as I can. One note however is that i do not have anything that lets me change my USB Mode - "...use your top pull down menu, it should display a USB icon. Tap that and it will open the USB settings and display what the USB port is being used for, which will be CHARGING. Change that to MIDI or file transfer. " - it's just not there. I have checked everywhere in my tablet settings as well, even in developer mode, etc. The ONLY USB settings available are debugging related -- zero about the media or storage mode. Not there that I can find. This Android 4.4.2 by the way.

Just kills me this worked perfectly before Litchi install. As I said, they provided 3.8.0 to work with my device - did not happen, and now no USB data.

I will try.
Try this.
Under Settings -> Storage -> (the ... menu in the upper right corner) -> USB computer connection -> enable MTP.
Also be sure you are using the CABLE THAT CAME WITH THE PHONE. Not all usb cables are data cables. Some are only charge capable cables.

Also, use a file manager to search device for all/any folders related to both litchi/DJI go. Delete any AFTER uninstalling both apps. Reboot. Install app again.

Cant really dial anything -- this is a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and I did that a different way; still thinks the controller is trying to charge the device only.

Here is an update : It turns out - after repeating some tests - and taking the USB Port module for close inspection, some circuitry component on the module board is "dead." A friend and I tried a muti-mode USB tester and found that the power contacts on both sides of the module's port do indeed provide power, but the inner two contacts used for data were dead (after putting everything back onto the aircraft, of course) with the controller turned on. In short, the port WILL NOT pass or communicate data to any device. I re-tried my wife's iPad because it "knew" it was a data port in an earlier test, but I had mis-read its meaning because I am not familiar with iPads. To be sure, we downloaded DJI Go on her iPad - zero functionality -- always giving installation instructions and stalling there (would go no further).

Bottom line:
Its not the port, nor the way it is soldered. It's not the tablets (neither the iPad mini2 nor Galaxy Tab Pro). It's not any cable. It's not USB setup on the device. It's not the App, aircraft, or controller itself - IT MUST BE THE MODULE. Something electronic is weak link there.

I'm ordering a new (expensive) module, and it better work.

To be honest, I see NO EXCUSE for the hundreds of problems experienced in these very expensive aircraft. Don't believe me? Just count the proportion of bona fide issues with equipment vs user mistakes in these threads. Just Sad, man.

PS: In fairness to the Litchi folks, installation of their App was merely a coincidence....? Who knows.

Last edited:
Okay, so the new USB module is installed, and I DO now have a camera connection...the persistent "DISCONNECTED" message no longer appears. Yay!

BUT....

HOWEVER, now sitting with inches between the controller and the aircraft (again, it is a Phantom 3 Advanced), the DJI Go App says "weak signal," shows no wifi channels at all on the 20-channel chart page, and says poor image quality. Also, when I connect up to the App, the app thinks I have a P3 Professional.

Really?! So, off I go to research within this Forum. If anybody knows what's going on now, please chime-in.

Okay, so the new USB module is installed, and I DO now have a camera connection...the persistent "DISCONNECTED" message no longer appears. Yay!

BUT....

HOWEVER, now sitting with inches between the controller and the aircraft (again, it is a Phantom 3 Advanced), the DJI Go App says "weak signal," show no wifi channels, and say poor image quality. Also, when I connect up to the App, the app thinks I have a P3 Professional.

Really?! So, off I go to research within this Forum. If anybody knows what's going on now, please chime-in.
Mine has always said "weak signal" when I am standing with the remote close to the P3A.
But when I step back ten feet or so, the weak signal issue goes away.

Mine has always said "weak signal" when I am standing with the remote close to the P3A.
But when I step back ten feet or so, the weak signal issue goes away.

Can you clarify? Are you saying it always has a weak signal message, or ONLY when the controller and aircraft are very near each other???

Can you clarify? Are you saying it always has a weak signal message, or ONLY when the controller and aircraft are very near each other???
Only when I am standing less than a few feet away from the quadcopter. And it seems to only happen when I first turn on the quad. When I step away, the alert goes away and it changes to "good" or whatever.

Okay, I will end my comments here because I changed the USB Module and DISCONNECTED has now gone away. However, other problems have now arisen, requiring a new bunch or research or a new thread. Grrrrrrr!*

*[NOW the stupid thing is connected, but has a "weak image signal" to the DJI Go app, does not detect ANY wi-fi channels in the app, AND insists my Phantom 3 Advanced is a P3 Professional.]

Try making sure firmware is current, and delete both CACH and DATA (reboot device). Re-link ac.

This is hilarious in a bad way. Phil. I'm totally with you on your initial comments.
Just wanting to keep the old Go version. Totally get it. Each new release has more
restrictions and bugs it seems. I also suffer the affliction of the Samsung Galaxy 5
which totally bites the big one. All I want GO for is to set my expos etc. and any other
fine tuning but I use Litchi 100% of the time due to it's waypoint flexibility and functionality.
I just charged up today after "I think" months of non-use to find the "disconnection" issue.
I deleted the GO and WaLa... it works. The downfall though is like you said... If I ever want
to use GO again to possibly change my Expos, I suffer the maddening Re-Tooling of my brain
to re-digest the DJI Physics 1005 course in ... downloading this and transferring that and "oh"
it's not backward reversible to this version so must install that version to get to this verision
and so on and so on.... I have less and less patience to sit down for half a day or more to
go through the iterations of finally getting everything calibrated again. I just want to fly and take
some videos. I passed the technocratic stage years ago with the Phantom 2. Was fun at
first tweeking into the file transfers etc., but that get's old had after the first year.

I hope I'm not too late. I have this same exact problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab and Litchi. Here is what cured my problem. Occam's Razor.
The USB cable. I had bought a short one to use with the controller and it works fine with my S7 Edge. But not with the tablet. I replaced it with the USB cable that came with the tablet and Presto, just like that, everything works. DJI GO works. Litchi works.

Easy peasy.

The part number on the Samsung cable is:
EP-DG925UWZ
KD1H915VS E

I did not uninstall anything or do anything different. Just swapped cables

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members