Newly installed IDMI module distorted live video streaming

Reaction score
Bought myself new FPV SJ-V01. Local DJI supplier installed new IDMI module and now my live video on my tablet and S7 Edge is distorted. The picture on the FPV is perfect. What could cause this problem? Never had this Before!
It happens on the DJI go app and on Litchi! Phantom 4 BTW.
Need help please

Thanks in advance

Try disconnecting and reconnecting all of the cables on the module. Here's a video showing how it's installed:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK what i did i took it back to local DJI agent, he replaced the HDMI module with a brand new one and was working 100% till you upgrade the required firmware
the RC is looking for and then the LAG and distortion of the live streaming on S7 Edge and tab starts all over again!

I have a link you can look at! cant fly with the app atm :(
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have the older S6 Edge and I can tell you it lags. Maybe not when new, but in time it does. It is also not on the DJI Recommended list as well. The Edge series loads a lot of apps into the side-bar window's flyout and it eats into the processing against the non-Edge model so it might be why they recommend the S6 and not the S6 Edge. If I run it at full brightness outside, it gets very hot and the lag matters begin as the processor slows to cool off. Could be the same for your S7 Edge too.

I gave up on it and went to the other side.

Last edited:
Reactions: RémyHeli
I took the wife's j7 and no problem so you tell me that the flagship of Samsung the S7 Edge can't be Used? o_O

I took the wife's j7 and no problem so you tell me that the flagship of Samsung the S7 Edge can't be Used? o_O

Here's the "DJI Recommend" list for the P4 Pro which came out after the S7 Edge so you'd think it would be on it, but no.

Recommended Devices:
iOS:
iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android:
Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Being the flagship doesn't mean it will work well with GO. Notice the Apple iPad Pro isn't on it either which I think is their most expensive.

I did learn from the Autopilot software guys that the iPad Pro 12" runs slower than the smaller iPad Pro 9.7" model with their app so they didn't recommend the 12" Pro model although the Pro 9.7" works. My S7 Edge eventually lags video and the Samsung tablet black-screened out on me last week with GO along with some blue border when it crashed. Froze so bad I had to do a hard reboot, and it's gotten so bad it often freezes up with regards to any screen touches when even not running GO as it heats up just running normal apps. Not a Samsung enthusiast here at all as I think they have buggered up the Android OS pretty bad with bloat, and T-mobile also added their own bloatware to the Samsung S6 Edge of mine too. Awful system and I wish they'd provide these things clean and just an OS.

Even my $3K Windows notebook came with pre-installed crapware (McAfee, Norton, and Nahamic) that required me to buy Windows 10-64x and install it clean to get rid of the manufacture's added bloatware. The Norton was polling the USB ports and some of my USB devices (X-rite) refused to work with it running along with the Nahamic drivers for bass sound setup.

Which firmware did you downgrade to?

Well i did a downgrade on the Phantom and the RC problem solved. Not the go app its the firmware!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Interesting that it could be the firmware in the drone causing this. However - and if true - wouldn't the same drone firmware that's also used on the iOs devices with their GO version also be affected with the video lag and break-up matter?

I suspect there is something else in the pot and it could be both drone's firmware and the GO app both. DJI really needs to address their endless firmware and GO app issues as they seem to fix one thing and break another, imho.

The Phantom 4 is now on V01.02.0503
RC on 1.6.0
App V4.0.2 works 100% now !
The streaming is smooth and clear on my S7 Edge and my Tab A.
My my FPV runs smooth as well :p
I'm so happy I can fly Now!!
Hope this can help DJI and the Phantom pilots having the same Problem?

Last edited:
The problem is not the Phantom 4 firmware version, is the radio controller version. If you update to 1.8 version you will have artifacts. With 1.6 firmware of radio the image is sharp and good.
Bye

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31