Newest firmware less stable?

You and I assume the same then...but if this was the actual case, I would thing they would have listed the vertical and horizontal accuracy, as you included above, as "when using both VPS and GPS...". Looks like they have broken them out maybe to suggest they are not utilized at the same time?
I found this thread interesting

Testing GPS vs VPS

"To me this test shows that the VPS is not active when the Phantom 3 has a good GPS lock. The GPS lock appears to override any input from the VPS."

There are many situations which will give the VPS trouble.
As you've seen it needs a definite pattern to lock on to and can't deal with uniform textures.
I suspect that's what some here have been observing and blaming on firmware.
To check, just fly your Phantom higher than VPS range and let the Phantom use GPS for stability or disable VPS and see how this changes things.
Here's a list from the manual of limitations for the VPS/Obstacle Avoidance systems.
Obstacle%20Avoidance-L.jpg
Makes perfect sense. Thank you. I have a question that's been bothering me. I was never prompted on dji go 4 to update to this newer firmware, I waited awhile and finally updated but the thing is the few days after this newer firmware was released not once was I prompted to update and dji go 4 always said I had the latest firmware under status. Is this common? I updated through dji assistant 2 because I like having the latest firmware. I just find it strange that dji go 4 wouldn't prompt me to update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey