Reaction score
Couple questions,
1) is WIFI needed to fly these?
2) my wife has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 i believe, i was able to download the app, how can i tell if its campatible with a P3?
3) will cell phone towers interfere with the control of a P3?

is WIFI needed to fly these?
Only the P3S and P34K use Wi-Fi. If you mean Wi-Fi as an Internet connection -- then, no, you don't need an Internet connection when flying.

my wife has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 i believe, i was able to download the app, how can i tell if its campatible with a P3?
DJI only supports a small list of devices. There are many other devices where DJI GO will install and run though (like the Tab 3). If it ends up not working well for you, then try one of the recommended devices here.

will cell phone towers interfere with the control of a P3?
You should be fine if you're not flying near them.

DJI is the name of the company that manufactures Phantoms. Which app are you referring to?

1. No. The P3S and P3 4K connect to the tablet or phone via WIFI (but not the same as internet WIFI. In other words, you don't have to connect to your home WIFI to fly it.)

2. Don't know. The DJI website has a list of compatible devices.

3. Possibly. Best to stay away from them.

Samsung tab 3 which is 4-5 years old did not perform very well. so i need to purchase a new tablet, but dont wont to spend alot of $$$ please help?

As a backup, I have a ZTE 812 phone that I bought from Best Buy for $39. I run the DJI Go app on it with no problems. It is an ATT device, but I have never put a sim card in it. Just log into my wifi at home for the apps and to load maps before I fly. I keep it in the hard case just in case. My main tablet, which I run both DJI and Litchi on is an iPad mini 4. It too has worked just fine.

Got an Ipad Mini 2 at Walmart for $229. Works great. It's WIFI only but that makes no difference. I cache any maps I need.

Well we had to get new cell phones, along with it they gave us a new verizon ellipsis 8, i tried to down load dji go and it says its not compatible with this device, any ideas?

For incompatible Android devices, you can install DJI GO by sideloading it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl