Newbie questions....

Reaction score
So I bought a Phantom 3 Standard on the black friday sail since I"m still waiting for my Mavic Pro. This is my first DJI drone, but not my first drone. I've had it for about a week now and I have some questions.

My main issue currently is trying to transition from a drone pilot to a photographer as well. So I've been trying to make my turns more controlled and trying to do the manual orbit shot. I find that even though I'm barely putting any pressures on the sticks - it seems to be moving too quickly. So is there a way to fine tune the curves on the sticks? I use both the DJI Go App and Litchi. So would like to know of how fine tune the curves on the sticks so I can make my inputs smoother.

Secondly, the Phantom 3 standard manual is a bit...lacking. Is there a good tutorial on how to use the intelligence modes on it? I tried using the follow me mode the other day, but besides requiring me to be at 30 feet or higher - it actually didn't track me at all. This is with the DJI Go app....Litchi at least tries but fails most of the time.

Overall, been great learning to fly her. I'm pretty good at controlling her and just need to get better at using her as flying camera.

I did make a video of first week experience and would appreciate any advice you guys have for making flying and photography better.

You can adjust expo in DJI go, click the 3 dot button in top right corner of camera view, on the main controller settings choose advanced, then EXP
expo softens (or increases) the response on small stick movements.

For flight control modes, youtube search Phantom 3 POI or Waypoint - lots of useful info there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl