Newbie issue with RC/Drone

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had my P3P for about 3 months with no issues whatsoever. However something in my mind said I should update the firmware since I've been putting it off so today I decided to do it. Well, something happened and both the RC and drone turned off mid download. Yep. The drone works fine, turns on normally, but the RC no longer makes the beeping sound when starting up and powering down and the red light on the left (which I guess is the connected light, next to the battery level light) is now blue. It connects to the DJI app just fine and still turns on. I can't figure out if it's the drone or the RC that's the problem because the RC still connects to the app but can't find the drone, but the RC has those problems. I'm sorry for not being that specific but I am a newbie in this and this is the first problem I've come across. But one final question, if I buy a new remote will the problems go away?

Thanks a bunch and I'm sorry again

You should go to the DJI site and download the latest firmware for your P3P. Unzip the file on your computer or device.
Now format the micro SD card (found in the micro SD slot in the camera) formatting will erase everything on the card so make sure you've downloaded any video or pictures first. Now copy the unzipped file to the SD card, insert the card back into the Phantom, then start the Phantom (do not turn on the RC) There will be a series of beeps and flashing lights that may continue for 1/2 hour or more. When the led on the camera turns to a solid green shut down the Phantom and place the SD card back into your computer or device, it should read "success" if it does replace the card back into the aircraft.
You might also try (after the firmware update) to delete the DJI app and reinstall it, or just update if you get an update message.
Connect your phone or tablet to the RC, start the RC and App, then turn on the Phantom. It should now connect.

There are many, many people more qualified than I on this forum, I'm sure someone will let you know if I made any errors or missed anything.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I have a question, I will be buying my phantom in March, how fast can you descend, I'm only asking because I have seen people stop the motors after they land by holding down the left stick for 3 seconds, what would happen if you hold down the left stick for 3 or 4 seconds at 1000 feet?

I have a question, I will be buying my phantom in March, how fast can you descend, I'm only asking because I have seen people stop the motors after they land by holding down the left stick for 3 seconds, what would happen if you hold down the left stick for 3 or 4 seconds at 1000 feet?

Nothing, other than you will descend. Welcome to the forum.

If you have a NEW question, please start a new thread.

Thanks all for your input. Unfortunately nothing worked. I followed and retried numerous times but I get the same solid red and flashing yellow lights on the drone. I haven't touched the RC yet because to admit it, I'm a little afraid to update it. I'm sorry again for not knowing what to do that well but are there other options?

Thanks all for your input. Unfortunately nothing worked. I followed and retried numerous times but I get the same solid red and flashing yellow lights on the drone. I haven't touched the RC yet because to admit it, I'm a little afraid to update it. I'm sorry again for not knowing what to do that well but are there other options?

Follow the instructions msinger posted exactly. Make sure you are downloading the correct firmware for your aircraft.
Make sure you are unzipping the downloaded file and copying the BIN file directly to the memory card which has nothing else on it! If that fails I would suggest trying another micro SD card and if that fails I would recommend taking your aircraft to someone who has experience.

Good Luck

Hello again
I got my brother to look into the situation since he's more of a tech wiz and he got the firmware installed on the drone, so that's aside now we come to the RC. The RC no longer makes the 4 beeps upon startup and the red (connected I guess) light is now solid blue. It connects to the dji app just fine but cannot find the drone. Thanks all for your help I greatly appreciate it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl