Newbie here, curious about DJI

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good time line about how long it takes DJI to ship? I ordered last week and my order still shows waiting to pick status. Not really wanting to call them yet, I hear their customer service is horrible. I should have ordered thru Amazon but I saved $100 on tax going with DJI. Maybe they are slammed with the price drop?

When ordering during times they are not having a sale, it normally takes about 5-6 days for me to receive it after placing an order (I'm in the US). Their shipping times are often slower when they are having big sales though.

Thanks, this is by far my biggest online purchase so I'm a little nervous. Amazon has a better business model where your money doesn't leave your account until it actually ships.

Amazon is also a good place to purchase from when you buy via Amazon Prime. Not only doesn't Amazon ship it quickly, but you can also easily return it within 30-days (on their dime).

I use Amazon for lots of thing but I like B&H Photo (NYC) because they don't charge sales tax and if it in stock you get it in 2 days PERIOD!

I did homework and dealing with DJI is a challenge from all that I've heard.

I ordered my p3a from dji it's was shipped from the dji store in Los Angeles it was at my house 2 days later .but I also live in so cal so it wasn't a far ship

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow, I ordered the phantom 3 six days ago and it still hasn't shipped. I contacted them via their text service and they said, "sorry sir we don't know when it will ship". I should of went to Amazon.

Or order from B&H. If you can cancel and order from another outlet, I would. Absolutely would I. If you have a problem then you, at least, have a responsive vendor (Amazon or B&H) to deal with at first. Contacting DJI is almost like talking to the wall.

It took 4 days to get my P3 from China to California.

Took me 2 weeks to get the one I orderd from DJI delivered to Wisconsin.
Took me a total of 5 minutes at Best Buy to get my second one delivered to my truck.

If I ever do this again, I won't order direct from DJI. Ever again. I will go through a retailer I can talk to (Best Buy or B&H).

I ordered mine from DJI China on a friday afternoon. Got the usual emails you get when you buy something on line. I never noticed until Sunday they had sent me another email wanting verification of address. They said it was to protect customers. On sunday I sent them proof.
On Monday a woman call from DJI China so say they got the proof, sorry about delay and they would ship now.
Tuesday I got a tracking number that said expected delivery on Friday. I thought no way! But sure enough.
Tracking showed picked up Feb 2 at 17:45 and delivered Feb 5 at 13:46. That is fast.

I'll give them a few more days, because of the hassle of contacting paypal. LA to Seattle shouldn't take long, they just have to ship it.

The only thing I can add about the Amazon purchase, if you leave it to them, they will ship from their closest location. heydave23, I too was not about to give the Liberal Left Coast state of California 1 dime for sales tax, so you have to click on all of amazon's suppliers and select one that is outside your state, close enough for quick delivery and has it in stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl