Newbie from Yarm, UK

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name's Gavin. I bought a Phantom 2 Vision+ a couple of years ago and but only ever really messed about with it. I'm part way through getting my PfAW with the idea of funding some travel in a van which I'm about to move into.

I'm looking forward to learning from the community and hopefully sharing some of the knowledge and experience I pick up along the way :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome aboard Gav,

Nice to see a fellow PfCO !
Hows the course going and what stage you at?

Lee.

Reactions: Gav1n
Thanks!

I did my ground school over a year ago now but have only just got my Ops Manual and Volume 2 finished. I shelved the project as other things got in the way but ready to get back on it. I don't know what I've missed in the mean time though, clearly some terminology!!?? ;-) I've got a lot to revise and catch up on!!!

How about you? Are you done? How's things working out?

Gav

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Gav1n
Thanks!

I did my ground school over a year ago now but have only just got my Ops Manual and Volume 2 finished. I shelved the project as other things got in the way but ready to get back on it. I don't know what I've missed in the mean time though, clearly some terminology!!?? ;-) I've got a lot to revise and catch up on!!!

How about you? Are you done? How's things working out?

Gav

You've got a bit to catch up on mate haha!

PfAW is now PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operation)

Air Navigation Order rewritten and reorganised.

CAP722 revised.

Safe distances and "under pilot control" updated and explained a bit more.

And a few other changes, but I don't want t ruin the surprise lol!

I've just sent my Ops Manual to be signed off then it's the Flight Evaluation then I can finally apply to the CAA!

I'd get it done pronto as I hear CAP722 is about to have changes again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka