Newbie and also got a question.

Another option is a cheap "reflector" that will help concentrate the signal from the transmitter. As crude as they seem, they do add range.

Foldable Antenna Range Booster Amplifier Signal Windsurfer For DJI Phantom 3/4 | eBay

As you get further away, unless you are downhill, you will need to be higher, particularly in a built up area, to get decent range. In around houses or other buildings, you will not get a lot of range at 100'.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
We don't want to confuse him at this point and mention wifi. We know it, but he may not. The P3 Pro does not use wifi. It uses Lightbridge technology to communicate with the drone. Regardless, FlashBuddy is still correct about buildings limiting range.

Thanks for the feedback guys really appreiciate it, iv ordered the skyreat boosters so im hoping that will help also i will take it a litte higher incase that was also the issue.

Honestly...I don't think you will need the skyreat Mod. If you put those antenna straight up and down, you'll get all the range your nerves can take. I have the P3 Pro and I ordered a similar set of antenna mods. But I've never needed them. I'm getting out to 2 miles easily at 200 feet altitude before my nerves forces me to bring her home.I know it will do more, but I get scared! I also have one for my P3Standard, and it really helps that drone. But the Pro doesn't need one. The one I got for my Pro are attached to one another and can fold up. They were also only $9.00 U.S., if I remember correctly. When I have it on the P3S, I find that it is very directional. You must pay a lot of attention to where your drone is. You must have the antenna pointing directly at the done. Sometimes that's a little difficult when you are out way past line of sight. Put those antennas straight up and go try it out today. Let us know.

Are you only using the camera when you fly? It sounds like you're breaking a lot of laws when you said you're flying over houses. Are you making sure you have a visual line of sight or are you only reliant of the camera? As long as the drone is within view you will have connection unless in an area with high magnetic activity.

Reactions: JeanMcK
I hate to state the obvious................ but have you taken it out of beginner mode yet? :D

Ohhh and that is not an insult I genuinely mean it. Easy to miss. It does limit your height and distance.

I think some people are confusing terminology. "Flat" does not necessarily mean "parallel to the ground". It means to face the "flat" part of your antennae towards the craft (rather than the tip). If the craft is off in front of you, the antennae should be oriented straight up and down (vertically) so that the flat faces the craft.

Just like the images that were posted that some say are wrong.

And as someone said, if the craft is directly above you, then you DO want the antennae to be horizontal (parallel to the ground) so that the flat part of them are facing the AC.

Chris

I used to imagine the drone throwing something straight at you and you have to catch it. So basically you need as much of the flat bits 'catching' as you can. If you put your hands sideways you would not catch much would you? Or if someone is throwing something towards you having your palms facing flat your not going to catch much even if if hits your finger tips. Do not think of the remote as purely a sending device because it receives as many signals as it sends. Again if its directly above you falling the antenna tips are not going to catch much. So think of it as much of a receiver as a sender. :)

Thanks for all the replie's guys, i got the skyreat signal boosters, only had a couple of short fights as the weather has been very rainy and windy all week but i honestly think they have made a huge difference, less video interuption and less weak signal, i managed to get 2900 ft which was approx 0.8 mile before losing signal, before i was only reaching half of that. As for the guy who said i sound like im breaking laws flying over house? I have no idea what you mean by that im not flying over peoples gardens at low altitude i ment i was flying over streets were houses are and at a height of 259-300 ft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12