new video... and dont "TSK TSK" it just because of where i flew it

also the blue bit I highlighted says I need to also be a member but i'm not, so I need to join ?
Screenshot (33).png

Sorry, my bad about the membership thing. Yes it is. Takes me up to July I think as the price is only for the time from when you buy it up to July, so pro-rata. Then I will need to pay a full year price from July to continue, It only covers for 3rd party liability though, not for your drone getting damaged. But at least if anything does go wrong, i.e. your drone falling from the sky or hitting anyone or property, you'll be covered for it.
I've yet to find an insurer here in the UK to cover for damage to the drone itself.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks for the feedback. I am tempted to go to BMFA as it seems you get a bit more for £33 per year

Neon Euc

Reactions: Nivek
If I crash into someone driving a car I may get fined or prosecuted (if found to be negligent). I will have appropriate insurance to cover damage/injury and likely access to legal representation and coverage if I'm sued.

You fly how you like Neon. I hope you have the financial means to make good if you are unlucky enough to have an incident.

Personally I believe LCMC over populous areas is, to be polite, irresponsible.
And likely to help the government to put in draconian laws thus spoiling the hobby for the rest of us that abide by the CAA's relatively lenient Drone code. Nice one

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

And likely to help the government to put in draconian laws thus spoiling the hobby for the rest of us that abide by the CAA's relatively lenient Drone code. Nice one

Considering I dont fly directly over people and hover outside their window I don't see what the problem is. It's not above 400M either, not near any government buildings, not posing a security risk... Please tell me how this will spoil things for others flying drones? I think the government had bigger fish to fry like terrorism

Neon Euc

Well the flying restriction for < 7 kg Drone is 400 feet and not 400M as you quote. Secondly it is also not allowed to fly over built up areas or at a greater distance than line of site without aid. In other words not using binoculars, a telescope or relying on the screen view from the copter. You should also be wary of boasting and putting these vids on this site as there are many proper pilots and CAA enthusiasts that also fly drones and frequent this site.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: FlyingCorkers
Considering I dont fly directly over people and hover outside their window I don't see what the problem is. It's not above 400M either, not near any government buildings, not posing a security risk... Please tell me how this will spoil things for others flying drones? I think the government had bigger fish to fry like terrorism

Neon Euc
Do you understand what overhead means? Are you a licened flyer or have you ever had any formal training? If the drone loses power it could land anywhere, possibly someone's head etc You say don't tsk tsk because you knew what you ate doing is dodgy. It is blatant ignorance such as this that puts the hobby at risk of expensive legislation etc. Ps. The maximum is 400 foot or 120 meters.

Please reply what insurance you went with , I'd like some cover for my p3p and liability.
Cool cool flying by the way. I really do think people get hung up on what is dangerous flying. I doubt everyone who drives sticks to exact speed limits etc

Please reply what insurance you went with , I'd like some cover for my p3p and liability.
Cool cool flying by the way. I really do think people get hung up on what is dangerous flying. I doubt everyone who drives sticks to exact speed limits etc
I agree.... I have trust in the drone and so far where I live in england, not one report if a drone falling from the sky onto any one has happened. I know it's a risk, but naturally the chances off that happening is no where near as high as cars causing accidents. So far I'm still looking at insurance for getting the best deal

Neon Euc

I agree.... I have trust in the drone and so far where I live in england, not one report if a drone falling from the sky onto any one has happened. I know it's a risk, but naturally the chances off that happening is no where near as high as cars causing accidents. So far I'm still looking at insurance for getting the best deal

Neon Euc
I've looked at fpvuk for insurance too. Having looked at the actual policy I'm not sure it would provide any protection for the flight you show in your video.

As far as I can tell the insurance is valid only when you are following the CAA rules. So say your bird fell and smashed a car windscreen on the flight you showed. As you were flying above a congested area you would not be covered for insurance.

I suppose if you were flying in a field and the phantom had a malfunction and took itself off over a town and crashed into a car, then you would be covered.

I've looked at fpvuk for insurance too. Having looked at the actual policy I'm not sure it would provide any protection for the flight you show in your video.

As far as I can tell the insurance is valid only when you are following the CAA rules. So say your bird fell and smashed a car windscreen on the flight you showed. As you were flying above a congested area you would not be covered for insurance.

I suppose if you were flying in a field and the phantom had a malfunction and took itself off over a town and crashed into a car, then you would be covered.
100% correct on that. It is hard to resist these kinds of flights tho

Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka