New to the Drone World!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just took course to get my license. I have definitely decided on the PRO 4. I am in Real Estate and will add the new dimension I need. I only problem is: I don't understand whether to by the buy Pro 4 with or without the built in Screen/Monitor or buy a Ipad Mini. Does the screen have a GPS built into it. For instance. Would the drone follow me with the built in screen/monitor. I just don't understand the connection or relationship. I do realize that I may not be able to do other software. I think the GO would be good enough. I would love to buy the screen attached. CONFUSED! Any suggestions or thoughts. John

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
Thank you for taking the time to find that video for me. Still don't know about that dang built in screen or buy an Ipad mini. I have only used the ipad mini which had cell service. I could switch between flying with Map or birds eye view. Do you have to have cell service to bring up the fly by map. Or am I on the wrong track. I see you can use your cell phone as a hot spot. I am just confused.

Still don't know about that dang built in screen or buy an Ipad mini
Watch the video I posted above :)

Do you have to have cell service to bring up the fly by map
No. However, if your mobile device does not have an Internet connection while flying, you'll need to cache the maps in DJI GO like this before heading out to fly.

I see you can use your cell phone as a hot spot
Yes, you could connect your mobile device to a hot spot to access the Internet. If doing that, you won't have to cache the maps since they'll be able to download as you fly.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, my understanding is, there's no ability to add third-party apps to the Pro+ screen. If that's true, and you needed access to any apps at any time before, during, or after the flight, you'd still have to use your mobile device for that.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, my understanding is, there's no ability to add third-party apps to the Pro+ screen.
You can install some 3rd party apps, but you won't be able to install any 3rd party DJI GO alternatives.

You can install some 3rd party apps, but you won't be able to install any 3rd party DJI GO alternatives.

Thanks for clarifying that as that could be an important consideration. I saw comments somewhere that you couldn't add any apps to the screen, although it didn't provide that clarification.

Welcome to PhantomPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart