New to DJI

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone could advise me whether I would be able to precisely instruct DJI Phantom 4 Pro via any available app of the shelf to:

- go to specific location on map (very accurately) with only 0.25 meter max deviation, basically where the future object is located and then keeping position locked:
- move up/down altitude in cm precision, like only with 0.10 meter max deviation from the ground level set altitude
- rotate camera/drone to specific angle to face with the camera required direction giving parameters like degrees, etc.

Is this achievable by phantom 4 pro?

Should I consider for Matrice 100 or Inspire for such tasks?

Thanks in advance here for your comments.

Best,
D

Last edited:
Those are very precise measurements. I don't know if you will be able to get so precise under a half a meter variance. You can go to a specific location on the map, with position lock, but don't know how you would get it so exact like you want. Others might have a better answer.

Those are very precise measurements. I don't know if you will be able to get so precise under a half a meter variance. You can go to a specific location on the map, with position lock, but don't know how you would get it so exact like you want. Others might have a better answer.

Thank you so far for your comment. Do you think this could be achievable with some other vendor drone models or DJI matrice for example.

Would be great to have more comments from other ppl on this forum on the initial query.. Thanks

Thank you so far for your comment. Do you think this could be achievable with some other vendor drone models or DJI matrice for example.

Would be great to have more comments from other ppl on this forum on the initial query.. Thanks
Not sure as I don't use drones professionally, so I'm not up to date with needing something that accurate.

What are you trying to do that you have to be this precise? I don't think it's going to matter what drone you use, you're always going to have some wind blowing it 6-8 inches one way or another, and recovering ......

You may need something military grade for that kind of accuracy. And even at a price tag north of a million dollars, one of those just ended up some 900 miles off course in a field in Colorado.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic