new record cold flight

Reaction score
Flew VERY briefly this morning in record breaking MINUS 44 in cotton Mn.
hockey pucks shatter when its this cold when they hit the pipe.
2 more weeks till arizona drone trip, can't wait.

hey flybynight, it's supposed to be between 6 and 10 degrees tonight in N.C., so I guess whining wouldn't do a lot of good here. :oops: Guess I better man up and just go fly when the wind calms down.

flybynight said:
2 more weeks till arizona drone trip, can't wait

I must have missed the info on your trip. Where in Arizona are you flying? Anyway, have a blast and be safe...

Insane. :shock:

And I was complaining about riding my motorcycle into work this morning at 58 degrees :lol:

We're having a heat spell, only expecting -15 here.

flybynight said:
Flew VERY briefly this morning in record breaking MINUS 44 in cotton Mn.
hockey pucks shatter when its this cold when they hit the pipe.
2 more weeks till arizona drone trip, can't wait.

That is crazy cold! We were -30 wind chill today. It is 0 degrees (actual temp) as of now and were heading to -6 (real temp) tonight. I've about had enough of this cold & snow! :cry:

bdnrxt.jpg

It's -6° here in MI and wind chill -24° and by 7am it will be -15° guess I'll wait till Sat to go flying.

That is insane. I was contemplating about going out to fly now and it's 63°. I guess that is what I get living in south Florida.

Nice job flybynight.

44 below beats the daylights out of my plus 5 degree flights. I've logged about an hour, between 5 and 10 above. The bird did just fine. The batteries were fine as long as they were warm at start-up. My MultiStar 4,000 batteries seem to produce enough heat while flying above zero. :D

How brief is VERY brief :?:

What kind of bird are you flying :?:

Very CooL :lol:

10 minutes is long enough to prove the point. That's one hell of a machine.

Hope you warm up soon. Thanks for sharing.

And I was going to boast about flying in -30C (-22F) in Finland last month! Then again, I flew twice a day for 5 days for the full 15 minute battery life. The batteries didn't seem to suffer quick discharge, although the Black Pearl did. And one bump on the props caused them to shatter.

Hopefully an edited video will appear soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl