New Record 5000m 16404 feet With Full FPV With P2V+

slothead said:
You didn't answer my booster question but I think I've answered it myself - in part. It appears that the SH24BTA-N is bidirectional so is it boosting both the receive and the transmit of the wifi signal?

oh Sorry

I hope that understand your question

I'm using two booster

One for the extender 2.4Ghz 2.5W
Other booster for 5.8Ghz for transmitter I connect this two booster with battery bank I fit it beside the remote control

I hope answer your question

714Aberdeen said:
slothead said:
You didn't answer my booster question but I think I've answered it myself - in part. It appears that the SH24BTA-N is bidirectional so is it boosting both the receive and the transmit of the wifi signal?

oh Sorry

I'm using two booster

Other booster for 5.8Ghz for transmitter I connect this two booster with battery bank I fit it beside the remote control

Can you please provide links to the battery bank and the usb cables you are using for the two boosters

azzo said:
714Aberdeen said:
slothead said:

oh Sorry

I'm using two booster

Can you please provide links to the battery bank and the usb cables you are using for the two boosters

Sure

The Horizon antenna's I used it in experiment
Is

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... db-silver/

Two pinwheel in the P2V+
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... igid-lhcp/

Battery 12v
http://m.ebay.com/itm/301144510916?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

Booster 2.4Ghz for the extender
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261283850035?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

Booster 5.8Ghz for the remote controller
http://m.ebay.com/itm/271564222786?nav=SEARCH

I made my cables by my self it easy just prenk suitable adapters for the the Battrery port

Ha...you have stirred the nest.

Thanks for posting it was quite interesting. Did you keep recording off to save power?

Cheers,

T.

twhphantom said:
Ha...you have stirred the nest.

Thanks for posting it was quite interesting. Did you keep recording off to save power?

Cheers,

T.

Absolutely NO ....
I'm using jailbreak to record the screen

Geert said:
Hi,

I know you are a long distance freak :lol:
I saw other long distance flights from you before, just awesome.
Just to be clear, I did not questioning your distance , just feeling curious what happened.
Everything clear now.

:)

Geert./.

Your welcome

Dirty Bird said:
Awesome flight. Just what I am looking to do! Looks like 5km is right at the limit of the battery to enable a successful return trip.

Thank you for your feedback

I'm glad that you liked this video and you agreed with me

Unfortunately Some users unbelieve the result and full wifi that I got during the flight

Thanks again

Just wanted your opinion since you're obviously the 'King' of long distance phantom flights! :)

Background:
I'm using a patch panel antenna similar to yours with the Sunhans amp for the 5.8. For the 2.4, i'm using FPVLR's stage 2 (pinwheel and 9 dBi half sphere helix). I'm also using the booster app ($8.99 one). Today I was able to only achieve FPV up to 3,000 ft and then it started to delay and lose signal. A couple folks in another thread mentioned it was due to an antenna mismatch (sphere helix on range extender vs. dipole on phantom)... Another member mentioned that he achieves 10000 ft with the stock wifi extender only using the booster app. I'm really surprised that the stock extender with booster app would perform better than an upgraded extender with Stage 2 and booster app combined...

Questions:
1) Do you believe my issue to be an antenna mismatch?
2) If so, do you believe the booster app could be excellerating the effects of the antenna mismatch?
3) Would you recommend I upgrade the phantom side antennas with the pinwheels to achieve a better match?

Given a member's experience in achieving 10,000 ft with a stock extender and booster app, I'm inclined to revert back to stock following this experience... vs. upgrading the phantom... your thoughts?

FPVLR said:
The record is 6km and was done in april with FPVLR antennas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9og3zHfM9U

Luring people with promices of distances they will NEVER be able to achieve is not a very nice thing...

It takes some RF experience and a good location to go that far.

Tony.

Hi FPVRL

I didnt promise any users that they will get big distances as I did with my phantom
All users in phantompilots.com put there experiments so that we can learn from others
And I didn't mention anything about any other item or product
We are here to give each other experience

And you didn't read my other feedback and comment I also warned and advised the new users that have no experience to not fly very long distances I also put down steps to people who would like to use it for help
You should read next time before putting your comment

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21886&start=10

And you said that someone got 6000 meters
There was no evidence that showed that he got that distance with that antenna
We didn't see in the video the distance or the altitude
How did he say that he got 6000 meters?

He also used phantom vision not plus and at that time the dji app only show max 1000 meters can you tell me how he calculated 6000 meters?
Did he used flytrex or record his screen or take screenshot!!??

But the video that I posted it was clear and everything you need for proof is shown from the altitude and distance also if you want I can send you the hole video not edited if you want
It was 16 minutes for 10000 meters for the full flight

And I will wait for your respond to my questions so that you give me evidence that the user got 6000 M FPV as he said
And you if you give me evidence I will get that antenna :)

Thank you

I think a lot of people that are having issues not getting these results are in the same boat that I am in. I run in a rural area with lots of trees and hills. In order to achieve just 2 miles I have to raise the bird to almost 3000 feet to keep line of sight. This makes it difficult to have enough battery power to get back and land since the decent speed is fairly slow. All of the incredible distance videos that I have seen are in locations where line of sight is not an issue even at 300-1000 feet. LOS is just as important as having great antennas and extra power. Just having the antennas and power will not guarantee any distance records. Someday I hope to have access to an area where LOS isn't something I have to worry about. Maybe when we all have access to communications satellites, like the military.... :D :lol:

Kag49601 said:
I think a lot of people that are having issues not getting these results are in the same boat that I am in. I run in a rural area with lots of trees and hills. In order to achieve just 2 miles I have to raise the bird to almost 3000 feet to keep line of sight. This makes it difficult to have enough battery power to get back and land since the decent speed is fairly slow. All of the incredible distance videos that I have seen are in locations where line of sight is not an issue even at 300-1000 feet. LOS is just as important as having great antennas and extra power. Just having the antennas and power will not guarantee any distance records. Someday I hope to have access to an area where LOS isn't something I have to worry about. Maybe when we all have access to communications satellites, like the military.... :D :lol:
or fly via cellular comm... just more delayed maybe.. ;)

Kag49601 said:

Yes you are right about you said
If your looking for long FPV distance you should choose a good open area ok flat land
When i got 5000 meters i was surprised that the signal for the wifi was still full!

srandall25 said:
Just wanted your opinion since you're obviously the 'King' of long distance phantom flights! :)

Background:
I'm using a patch panel antenna similar to yours with the Sunhans amp for the 5.8. For the 2.4, i'm using FPVLR's stage 2 (pinwheel and 9 dBi half sphere helix). I'm also using the booster app ($8.99 one). Today I was able to only achieve FPV up to 3,000 ft and then it started to delay and lose signal. A couple folks in another thread mentioned it was due to an antenna mismatch (sphere helix on range extender vs. dipole on phantom)... Another member mentioned that he achieves 10000 ft with the stock wifi extender only using the booster app. I'm really surprised that the stock extender with booster app would perform better than an upgraded extender with Stage 2 and booster app combined...

Questions:
1) Do you believe my issue to be an antenna mismatch?
2) If so, do you believe the booster app could be excellerating the effects of the antenna mismatch?
3) Would you recommend I upgrade the phantom side antennas with the pinwheels to achieve a better match?

Given a member's experience in achieving 10,000 ft with a stock extender and booster app, I'm inclined to revert back to stock following this experience... vs. upgrading the phantom... your thoughts?

Hi sarandall

Unfortunatlly i didnt use this antenna but i think you should get more than 3000ft
There could be more than one reason why you didnt get a bigger distance it could be the location. To know the reason you should remove all items installed on your phantom and only use it like you bought it and test it again and see the result

Geert said:
714Aberdeen said:
FPVLR said:
The record is 6km and was done in april with FPVLR antennas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9og3zHfM9U

Luring people with promices of distances they will NEVER be able to achieve is not a very nice thing...

It takes some RF experience and a good location to go that far.

Tony.

Hi FPVRL

I didnt promise any users that they will get big distances as I did with my phantom
All users in phantompilots.com put there experiments so that we can learn from others
And I didn't mention anything about any other item or product
We are here to give each other experience

And you didn't read my other feedback and comment I also warned and advised the new users that have no experience to not fly very long distances I also put down steps to people who would like to use it for help
You should read next time before putting your comment

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21886&start=10

And you said that someone got 6000 meters
There was no evidence that showed that he got that distance with that antenna
We didn't see in the video the distance or the altitude
How did he say that he got 6000 meters?

He also used phantom vision not plus and at that time the dji app only show max 1000 meters can you tell me how he calculated 6000 meters?
Did he used flytrex or record his screen or take screenshot!!??

But the video that I posted it was clear and everything you need for proof is shown from the altitude and distance also if you want I can send you the hole video not edited if you want
It was 16 minutes for 10000 meters for the full flight

And I will wait for your respond to my questions so that you give me evidence that the user got 6000 M FPV as he said
And you if you give me evidence I will get that antenna :)

Thank you

Hmmmm

6km ? I couldn't find any data to prove this.

So, it can be 2km or 3km or .......
No flytrex , :?:
It is easy to say that you have done 6km when there is nothing to prove it.

714Aberdeen, for me you are still number 1 with the Horizon antennas :)
Congrats with the 5km.

Geert./.

Thank you Geert for your feedback ....

I'm really surprise about what FPVRL said in his previous feedback !!

Your are right No data No flytrex at least screenshot!!!

I'm still waiting for his reply to answer questions that I wrote it in my last feedback since 3 AUG 2014.

How bout some friendly competition then sir... I saw yours the other day ... so I went out and gotcha by a hundred forty feet or so...

Your turn :D

Screenshot_2014-08-06-06-33-47_zps34x0vxld.png

Complete video is processing now for Flytrex Dashware... then i have to edit for time and add in my subtitles ... hope I can get it uploaded tonight.

And just for the record... proof or it didn't happen... Some dude goes out and claims 6km with no backup... AND doesn't even make it back to his home point and has to dump it in the weeds? No thanks ... I don't think we have to believe that one at all...

For a record flight shouldn't you have to make it back home? What's the point of a flight that doesn't make it home? In many situations that could mean a lost Phantom or worse, property damage, personal injury, etc.... Just sayin...
For a record flight shouldn't you have the Screenshot at turnaround? If not you could just be following the **** thing in your pickup truck... just sayin

If I was the FRPLVRP dude I wouldn't be backing that guys claim for anything ... Once again ... just sayin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl