New Record 5000m 16404 feet With Full FPV With P2V+

DBS said:
How bout some friendly competition then sir... I saw yours the other day ... so I went out and gotcha by a hundred forty feet or so...

Your turn :D

Screenshot_2014-08-06-06-33-47_zps34x0vxld.png

Complete video is processing now for Flytrex Dashware... then i have to edit for time and add in my subtitles ... hope I can get it uploaded tonight.

And just for the record... proof or it didn't happen... Some dude goes out and claims 6km with no backup... AND doesn't even make it back to his home point and has to dump it in the weeds? No thanks ... I don't think we have to believe that one at all...

For a record flight shouldn't you have to make it back home? Just sayin...
For a record flight shouldn't you have the Screenshot at turnaround? If not you could just be following the **** thing in your pickup truck...

If I was the FRPLVRP dude I wouldn't be backing that guys claim for anything ... Once again ... just sayin

Very nice range thank you so much for your feedback because you confirm that my video and test is real
I was able to get more distance but the problem Is was using meter instead of feet
And I was surprised the the max number of meters was 5000m with DJI App not like the feet
Also when I reached 5000m still wifi signal still full

Thank you

714Aberdeen said:
Very nice range thank you so much for your feedback because you confirm that my video and test is real
I was able to get more distance but the problem Is was using meter instead of feet
And I was surprised the the max number of meters was 5000m with DJI App not like the feet

Thank you

Same here bro... never hit RTH... never lost video feed... it was a thrill and a half... and I've got more available for sure... came back in with 25% battery left so I bet I could hit that guys fake 6km and do it official and STILL make it home!!

Anyway...

Do you use Flytrex? Or the VisionPlusUtility app? Weird ... The phantom shows 16,543ft... but flytrex and the utility app logger show a bit shorter and they are both different from eachother... Flytrex always did show a bit shorter anyway but they said they fixed that in a site maintainance deal they did a couple months ago... I saw the numbers on my older flights adjust accordingly...

I think the DJI vision app shows a little long on the numbers... but if it's gps latitude and longitude then why the hell would it be any different... I don't know if I care anymore... it's less than a hundred feet anyway :|

DBS said:
How bout some friendly competition then sir... I saw yours the other day ... so I went out and gotcha by a hundred forty feet or so...

Your turn :D

Screenshot_2014-08-06-06-33-47_zps34x0vxld.png

Complete video is processing now for Flytrex Dashware... then i have to edit for time and add in my subtitles ... hope I can get it uploaded tonight.

And just for the record... proof or it didn't happen... Some dude goes out and claims 6km with no backup... AND doesn't even make it back to his home point and has to dump it in the weeds? No thanks ... I don't think we have to believe that one at all...

For a record flight shouldn't you have to make it back home? What's the point of a flight that doesn't make it home? In many situations that could mean a lost Phantom or worse, property damage, personal injury, etc.... Just sayin...
For a record flight shouldn't you have the Screenshot at turnaround? If not you could just be following the **** thing in your pickup truck... just sayin

If I was the FRPLVRP dude I wouldn't be backing that guys claim for anything ... Once again ... just sayin

You went that for and only used 40% of your battery?

DBS said:
714Aberdeen said:

Thank you

Same here bro... never hit RTH... never lost video feed... it was a thrill and a half... and I've got more available for sure... came back in with 25% battery left so I bet I could hit that guys fake 6km and do it official and STILL make it home!!

Anyway...

Do you use Flytrex? Or the VisionPlusUtility app? Weird ... The phantom shows 16,543ft... but flytrex and the utility app logger show a bit shorter and they are both different from eachother... Flytrex always did show a bit shorter anyway but they said they fixed that in a site maintainance deal they did a couple months ago... I saw the numbers on my older flights adjust accordingly...

I think the DJI vision app shows a little long on the numbers... but if it's gps latitude and longitude then why the hell would it be any different... I don't know if I care anymore... it's less than a hundred feet anyway :|

Its so good 25% still in the battery that mean i think you can reach to 6000m
But I think is deficult with wifi signal mybe you got 5300m or 5500m

Im using FPV booster for phantom vision+ App
I have vision plus utility app but still not use it ,there is differants between this two apps?
Regarding the distance And altitude i think the dji used the best components on the phantom2 vision so they get an accuraty distance and altitude .

JWarren said:

Yupp... Used more getting out there... And a bit less on the way back because I was descending instead of climbing....

714Aberdeen said:

I have vision plus utility app but still not use it ,there is differants between this two apps?
Regarding the distance And altitude i think the dji used the best components on the phantom2 vision so they get an accuraty distance and altitude .

I think I can go the full 6km... These panels I'm using are insane :twisted:

FPV booster is supposed to be better for urban environments because it is supposed to deal with outside interference better... but VisionPlusUtility gives a stronger boost ... and I fly out in the middle of nowhere so I prefer that one... and it is selectable if I don't want it that strong...

I agree that DJI used good components on the P2V+ but the other two only read data from those components... that's why I can't understand the discrepancy.... but I'll take the DJI number any day of the week ... it's bigger!!! :lol: :lol:

DBS said:
JWarren said:

Yupp... Used more getting out there... And a bit less on the way back because I was descending instead of climbing....

714Aberdeen said:

I think I can go the full 6km... These panels I'm using are insane :twisted:

FPV booster is supposed to be better for urban environments because it is supposed to deal with outside interference better... but VisionPlusUtility gives a stronger boost ... and I fly out in the middle of nowhere so I prefer that one... and it is selectable if I don't want it that strong...

I agree that DJI used good components on the P2V+ but the other two only read data from those components... that's why I can't understand the discrepancy.... but I'll take the DJI number any day of the week ... it's bigger!!! :lol: :lol:

I havent tried to boost with the vision plus utility yet because that stupid 7ch pissed me off..anyway, what power are you boosting it at? max?

slothead said:
You didn't answer my booster question but I think I've answered it myself - in part. It appears that the SH24BTA-N is bidirectional so is it boosting both the receive and the transmit of the wifi signal?

Its indeed bidirectional, boosting rx and tx.
Prove of it goes as follows.
In the extender are 2 antenna's facing front.
He has diverted one to the booster but he has the helical antenna mounted in front of the stock antenna's and one is still connected but isn't doing a lot because of the reflector on the helical acting as a shield.

Dirty Bird said:
Awesome flight. Just what I am looking to do! Looks like 5km is right at the limit of the battery to enable a successful return trip.

Thats also my idea DB.
Anyway just ended a 8100ft trip with the new mods.

srandall25 said:
Another member mentioned that he achieves 10000 ft with the stock wifi extender only using the booster app. I'm really surprised that the stock extender with booster app would perform better than an upgraded extender with Stage 2 and booster app combined...

Questions:
1) Do you believe my issue to be an antenna mismatch?
2) If so, do you believe the booster app could be excellerating the effects of the antenna mismatch?
3) Would you recommend I upgrade the phantom side antennas with the pinwheels to achieve a better match?

Given a member's experience in achieving 10,000 ft with a stock extender and booster app, I'm inclined to revert back to stock following this experience... vs. upgrading the phantom... your thoughts?

I have also seen that someone claims to do 10.000ft with stock stuff but fails to mention that any mod to any system isn't stock anymore.
If you investigate his claim clearly you will notice that its far away from stock.
With stock antenna's you can reach distances between 4900 and 5500ft ( and booster app ) I know that as a fact because i reverted back to stock yesterday. My brain was messed up after all them mods i didn't know anymore what the difference was.
FPV was really messy after 4000ft BTW, still worked till the end but was for me unreliable.

The only issue with antenna mismatch is DB loss.
Sending CP on the RC and linear reception on the bird is some 3db loss. ( i've seen that somewere ) But it actually works.
The only mismatch that causes noticeable ( without measuring equipment ) issue's is LHCP against RHCP.
The booster app will get you more DB so that mismatch loss is compensated.
As a matter of fact the more DB you want the more power you have to provide. It a exponential growth and not linear.
The same as sound ( is also a frequency ) Every time you want to double the volume you have to power up exponentially.
As i investigated the booster app it provides 13dbm instead of the 7dbm on startup with the antenna mismatch you lose 3dbm or half of that extra power. You will notice some 50% gain with that app and atenna setup you have.

The only way to really boost up the wifi is to mod the antenna's on the bird.
And thats normal, they transmit the FPV. boosting up the receiver side also boosts up any inteference.
They improved my wifi from 4000ft way up to the 8100ft i had today and it was still in full force ( with the 13dbm app ) There is a other app that let you have 20dbm. I had some issue's so i let the bird return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues