New Phantom 4 Backpack

As far as I know there is no backpack that has cut outs and holds the equipment you want it to hold. The choice between a backpack and a case is generally a question of compromise, size vs convenience. It's the main reason I use both.

If the website said they were included then send them a message first saying you didn't get them. Good chance they'll still send them to you.
GPC and drone crates offer cutouts for the backpack

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I too have a Manfrotto D1 and it opens opposite to the one in the photos and does not have a problem fitting in.

Just saw this one pop up on Amazon. There's a lot of bang for your buck on this one: http://amzn.com/B00QPC8914
91VvdVkR6TL._SL1500_.jpg

Is anyone aware of a bag which will fit the P4, controller, charger, 3 batteries, charging dock station, a couple of laptops and two changes of clothes and still fit into the 9 x 14 x 22 inches requirements for overhead carry-on-bag for United?

I posted mine in another P4 bag thread, but incase its useful to someone who missed the other thread here it is again. it was really easy to make, and is small enough to fit under the seat infront of you on (most) aircraft, all while offering very good protection for a soft sided back pack.

I had previously made an insert for my XuGong V2 to take on my travels around the world. After my (upgrade) to the P4 I decided to make a new insert. It came out very well.

I just got back from my first trip with it a few days ago, and can easily say I wont buy a Quad specific bag.

Im off to Iceland and then France early June, and its nice to know Im not going to get hassled over the size of my carry ons.

ahahah, this is so cool.

I would like to do the same. Could you please kindly let us know how you did this?

Go for it. It's well made and securely holds your P4 and accessories. Get the discount code, and its $212 to your door. See the other pack thread.

Bob

I just looked up its external dimensions: 13.39 x 10.24 x 22.05.

I need my carry on to fit in United's dimensions which are 14 x 9 x 22.

Do you feel the bag has enough room for two laptops and two squeeze in one pair of pants, two boxers, two socks and a couple of shirts too?

Do you feel the bag has enough room for two laptops and two squeeze in one pair of pants, two boxers, two socks and a couple of shirts too?
Wow, sooo close! My guess is probably no. Good thing about Amazon they are good about returns if you want to try it. When I fly United you are allowed a Carry-On and one personal item that can be stowed under your seat.

Yep. I usually carry a duffle bag with clothes and a messenger bag with all my electronics.
When flying with it, I'll keep the Timbuk2 as a personal item but with the P4, I need to find a way to fit the drone and a few clothes. I really hate checking my stuff in: I see how they handle luggage and I can't deal with the frustration (and they have broken or lost several pieces of my lugagge over the last 20 years). :(

Reactions: ryantrax
ahahah, this is so cool.

I would like to do the same. Could you please kindly let us know how you did this?

Here is a link to the YouTube vid.

The links to the foam are in the desription. It was pretty easy. Works a treat.
It can even slide under the seat infront on most planes but the babies (E145, Q*00's)

You'll be fine. Just try to have one end of your bag a little squishy, or less than 9" High.

The taper of the bin (narrower/lower at the back of teh overhead bin) is what dictates the 9". Your bag will fit fine providing you're on something bigger than a E175. When you place it up put the lower/squishier end towards the back of the bin. (the base/bottom of your bag will be facing the aisle) I hope that all made sense?

More experienced FAs are pretty darn good at eyeballin your bag size, but you're so close I doubt any will say anything providing you keep a low profile in the boarding area... Pay extra to get Zone 1 or 2 boarding to guarantee some overhead bin space too ;)

@WRXJIM Thank you! Since I have posted this, I have found out about the existence of the of PolarPro Drone Trekker and it looks awesome. I will prob go for that instead of the LowPro unless you guys can think of a reason not to?

1. It will fit within the carry on dimensions for airlines
2. it has a lock and it's TSA-approved
3. You have side pockets for bottles
4. the design includes a way to carry a tripod on the outside.

I got the multifunctional DJI phantom 4 backpack in the mail this week. It is a stunner! love it so far. Will post pics soon.

Reactions: ryantrax

Does it not worry you that the motors stick out a bit with no protection? I just got mine and found the motors don't sit evenly in the soft case thing. E..g some motors are below the line, some above. My motor caps still haven't arrived from China.

Reactions: QuadBart
Does it not worry you that the motors stick out a bit with no protection? I just got mine and found the motors don't sit evenly in the soft case thing. E..g some motors are below the line, some above. My motor caps still haven't arrived from China.

It does worry me! I ordered caps as well. Waiting for those to come in ! Also i would put like a cloth over the entire thing as a lair. Use this cloth as my landing and cleaning gear.

It does worry me! I ordered caps as well. Waiting for those to come in ! Also i would put like a cloth over the entire thing as a lair. Use this cloth as my landing and cleaning gear.

Unfortunately a lot of shallower soft backpacks have this issue [emoji53] it seems.

Have you noticed they don't even offer the P3 hardshell backpack on DJI'S site anymore :( I guess all good things must come to an end. Bet when the stock is gone they will be gone for good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Have you noticed they don't even offer the P3 hardshell backpack on DJI'S site anymore :( I guess all good things must come to an end. Bet when the stock is gone they will be gone for good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They are selling them for $29.99 at Micro Centers.
If you dont have one near you, I can go and see if the Boston one has any left. They had a bout 20 when I was there a few weeks ago. I cant imagine shipping will be too outrageous.

I'm heading to a Micro Center today, we'll see what kind of DJI goodies they have!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT