New Phantom 4 Backpack

You might be able to cram it shut. I just feel that the backpack might hurt the p4 more than protect it.
Yikes, don't cram it! Good call getting the Lowepro, the Monfrotto does look cool though.

That doesn't look like the Manfrotto D1. The D1 doesn't open like that at the bottom. So I'm guessing it's another Manfrotto bag than the one that has been recommended in this thread.

Reactions: Eneko
I got my think tank airport helipak last week. Very nice backpack where all my stuff fits without problems.

1c4c8cf29ded7bed6b8af41a77e0770c.jpg

2f2237602b09288abe7162ab3c5b0dd4.jpg

f518f8c384ce2ea672961e4bb2b5e7a7.jpg

d9512898687aa578dcd51e7de5ea4e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
On thing I really like about the Think Tank is comfort. I was able to ride to a local park 6 miles away or so
085317587c7683686490b8eed81b0e04.jpg

And do some selfies all without too much discomfort

Being one who hates cycling with anything on my back, this says a lot. I'll have no problems taking this on some longer rides with friends and do some action vid type stuff.

Reactions: ahoj
I have it.. Wish I would have gone for a backpack instead
Both cases and backpacks have advantages and disadvantages depending on usage which is why I have both. But, if you only need a backpack you could always try selling your case again (there are a couple of P4 facebook groups that allow you to list items for sale) and getting a backpack instead.

Both cases and backpacks have advantages and disadvantages depending on usage which is why I have both. But, if you only need a backpack you could always try selling your case again (there are a couple of P4 facebook groups that allow you to list items for sale) and getting a backpack instead.
debating on returning the case. i am not a fan of how the pull handle feels. i can return until june 6th but can't find a nice backpack that will hold everything i need it to hold :\

What do you need it to hold? There are some pretty big backpacks out there.

debating on returning the case. i am not a fan of how the pull handle feels. i can return until june 6th but can't find a nice backpack that will hold everything i need it to hold :\

What do you need it to hold? There are some pretty big backpacks out there.
6 batteries, iPad mini, windsurfer, p4, numerous ND filters, cables, chargers, etc.

Looking at the DroneCrates P4 backpack but it doesnt appear to have a hard shell to protect the drone if the backpack tips over.

just buy the droneguard.... it is the best bang for the buck.

I don't like anything about the droneguard. I like the style of the drone crates where stuff is cutout. I don't want things slopping around.

Plenty of vids which show the case which comes with the P4. Phantom 4 Videos Thread
It's not a hard case though, neither is it a backpack.

I agree the new backpack pricing is steep and doesn't wow me as much as the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, one can remove the hard foam inside the P3 hardshell backpack and fit the whole P4 box inside that?

I posted mine in another P4 bag thread, but incase its useful to someone who missed the other thread here it is again. it was really easy to make, and is small enough to fit under the seat infront of you on (most) aircraft, all while offering very good protection for a soft sided back pack.

I had previously made an insert for my XuGong V2 to take on my travels around the world. After my (upgrade) to the P4 I decided to make a new insert. It came out very well.

I just got back from my first trip with it a few days ago, and can easily say I wont buy a Quad specific bag.

Im off to Iceland and then France early June, and its nice to know Im not going to get hassled over the size of my carry ons.

Attachments

• IMG_7475.jpg
    IMG_7475.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_7480.jpg
    IMG_7480.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_7482.jpg
    IMG_7482.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_7484.jpg
    IMG_7484.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 477
Droneguard 450 might be what you're looking for. We've got one laying around that we were going to review but haven't had time for yet. But it's pretty big with a semi hard cover. I think you should be able to get everything in there.
picked up the 450... my first thoughts seemed to be true. I don't exactly care for it. I like water jet cutouts so things don't move around.. I have 6 batteries and a bunch of accessories. All seem to fit in the 450 but there is some movement. I also don't like how the drone sits in it, requires me to use the gimble guard and now I have to order motor caps since none were included even tho the website says they are...

Reactions: QuadBart
picked up the 450... my first thoughts seemed to be true. I don't exactly care for it. I like water jet cutouts so things don't move around.. I have 6 batteries and a bunch of accessories. All seem to fit in the 450 but there is some movement. I also don't like how the drone sits in it, requires me to use the gimble guard and now I have to order motor caps since none were included even tho the website says they are...
As far as I know there is no backpack that has cut outs and holds the equipment you want it to hold. The choice between a backpack and a case is generally a question of compromise, size vs convenience. It's the main reason I use both.

If the website said they were included then send them a message first saying you didn't get them. Good chance they'll still send them to you.

Just want to share with you my hard case No good as a back pack but great for transportation in a car or train. It has a pull handle at the rear to be able to pull along lick a suitcase. The case is from Multi Rotor axessoriess www.mraxessories.co.uk.

I'm in the middle of making a mod to attach it to the luggage rack on my motorbike so when it's complete I'll share with you guys.

4dd1ac7cacb367ffb9ed34da7efdda94.jpg

faf8e18acc7baa2dbe8f925643a40ea0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you guys seen the new DJI Phantom 4 backpack? Looks pretty slick IMO
Buy Phantom Series - Multifunctional Backpack | DJI Store

I like it better than the P3 version.
I'm actually really keen on this backpack although it's pricey, it's one of the leanest phantom bags I've seen. The photos of it on the guys back look really small and compact, unless he's a giant (I hope not)

Also from the photos it looks like it does have a hard plastic front in x shape that offers some protection. Sure it's not a pelican case but I kinda want something in between small compact that offers some protection.

Heres a grab from their website....

This hardshell multifunctional backpack for the DJI Phantom series is strong and water resistant, letting you bring your Phantom safely everywhere you go. Its soft lining material protects your Phantom from bumps and scrapes during transportation In addition to carrying the Phantom and all its accessories, the backpack can also hold a 15-inch laptop. An included sticker pack lets you add a personal touch to your backpack.

Free sticker pack...!!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl