Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New phantom 3 advanced

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by terry smitherman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. terry smitherman

Well, got my brand new P3 advanced. First flight - wonderful aircraft!! Smooth, way better than my P2 vision! Took what should have been fabulous shots at around 150' of a large lake by me. When I tried to view on PC --- BLACK with a small spot of light????????? What is going on, did I do something wrong?? I just went straight up to altitude and hovered, slowly turned 360' I could see what the aircraft saw? Any input?

2. Youngbill

Are you talking pictures or video? What's the extension of the file your trying to view?

3. terry smitherman

Video, not sure extension means, sorry fairly new to this, just knew I had to Have the P3 A

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Possibly you have shot a very underexposed video?
    See the blue EV 0 at the top here ...
    If you have set the exposure too low with the thumbwheel, it will say something like EV -2.0

[​IMG]

5. terry smitherman

Guess I need to read more about the controller! What you're talking about is the right turn wheel? I was messing about with that thanks I will try again tomorrow after work, will let you all know

6. Youngbill

If you're just learning, I would set the exposure to "Auto". It sounds like you have the exposure lock and it's causing underexposed video like Meta4 said.