New P3P - First flight success

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the first outing I had last night with my new quad. The P3P is amazing! That is it :) Having never flown an RC-anything before, I was surprised how straight forward this bird is to fly. I read up a lot on the things to do as part of the pre-flight checklist and obviously being extremely careful was high on my mind when I took it out last night.

Thankfully, due to all the great advice I picked up on this site, nothing went wrong in the 20 minutes I had it in the air at all. I didn't bother using RTH or anything other than P mode for flying, but I was able to get some great footage on the first flight. Let me know what you think here :

Reactions: Flyboy
Nice video, loved the color of the sky. That's what I call being benched. Enjoy flying nice field to use.

Reactions: AndyS
Great video and a perfect example of how to do everything right before flying. Well done :)

Cheers both. Had great fun, although I don't know how much I can count on my wife coming out with me in the future, she seemed slightly underwhelmed by the experience haha!

Cheers both. Had great fun, although I don't know how much I can count on my wife coming out with me in the future, she seemed slightly underwhelmed by the experience haha!

I was thinking the same thing - pretty endearing to see OPs [presumably] wife sitting there and partaking in his flight joy with him. During my first quad flight my fiancee came and sat with me and promptly buried her face in a book, but no complaints.

Never flown a thing apart from a small go on the simulator 2 days ago on the Pilot app. I've done a fair bit of video work before now though - that video took about as much time to put together as I needed to eat my dinner at the same time :)

Reactions: ScottyT
I was thinking the same thing - pretty endearing to see OPs [presumably] wife sitting there and partaking in his flight joy with him. During my first quad flight my fiancee came and sat with me and promptly buried her face in a book, but no complaints.
Yep, that was my wife. She enjoyed it at first but I doubt I'll be convincing her to come on more training flights any time soon!

Reactions: AlmostTan
Yep, that was my wife. She enjoyed it at first but I doubt I'll be convincing her to come on more training flights any time soon!

Just realized you are indeed OP and you already said that is your wife. 5am is likely a good time to stop posting on the internet for me...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl