Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New P3P - First flight success

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by AndyS, Jul 23, 2015.

1. AndyS

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the first outing I had last night with my new quad. The P3P is amazing! That is it :) Having never flown an RC-anything before, I was surprised how straight forward this bird is to fly. I read up a lot on the things to do as part of the pre-flight checklist and obviously being extremely careful was high on my mind when I took it out last night.

Thankfully, due to all the great advice I picked up on this site, nothing went wrong in the 20 minutes I had it in the air at all. I didn't bother using RTH or anything other than P mode for flying, but I was able to get some great footage on the first flight. Let me know what you think here :

Flyboy likes this.
  2. RoyVa

Nice video, loved the color of the sky. That's what I call being benched. Enjoy flying nice field to use.

AndyS likes this.
  3. MattRCGeeks

Great video and a perfect example of how to do everything right before flying. Well done :)

AndyS likes this.
  4. AndyS

Cheers both. Had great fun, although I don't know how much I can count on my wife coming out with me in the future, she seemed slightly underwhelmed by the experience haha!

5. ScottyT

You've not flown anything RC before? Wow, you are head and shoulders ahead of most, in video editing also. Good work.

6. AlmostTan

I was thinking the same thing - pretty endearing to see OPs [presumably] wife sitting there and partaking in his flight joy with him. During my first quad flight my fiancee came and sat with me and promptly buried her face in a book, but no complaints.

AndyS likes this.
  7. AndyS

Never flown a thing apart from a small go on the simulator 2 days ago on the Pilot app. I've done a fair bit of video work before now though - that video took about as much time to put together as I needed to eat my dinner at the same time :)

ScottyT likes this.
  8. AndyS

Yep, that was my wife. She enjoyed it at first but I doubt I'll be convincing her to come on more training flights any time soon!

AlmostTan likes this.
  9. AlmostTan

Just realized you are indeed OP and you already said that is your wife. 5am is likely a good time to stop posting on the internet for me...

10. Flyboy

Nice Video. Thanks for sharing.