New P3A user - archaeology support

Reaction score
Hi to all,
I'm from Malta, and we've acquired a Phantom 3 Advanced for aerial imaging for archaeology at our Uni (University of Malta), supporting our students' and researchers' projects. Just starting up and learning to fly - with help from a colleague with more experience.
cheers,
John

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Sounds really cool, drop us an update every once in a while. If you haven't, check out a couple of mapping apps/services that could be useful - Maps Made Easy, Drone Deploy.

Thanks, will do - as explained we're at the start of the learning curve, but it's promising. We'd be using the drone to record phases of our annual excavation work and to create 3D models of small local sites.
I haven't checked those apps yet, so I will, thanks for the tip.
J

Thanks, will do - as explained we're at the start of the learning curve, but it's promising. We'd be using the drone to record phases of our annual excavation work and to create 3D models of small local sites.
I haven't checked those apps yet, so I will, thanks for the tip.
J

Any updates?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
wreath_sm.png

Thanks.
Czechsix - it's been a busy time for us here, but we've progressed. I started off never having flown a drone (one of my colleagues had some experience in building and flying them), and we'd never used these locally for archaeological work. We now have 3 drones (the old Phantom 3A, a 3S and - of all things - a Spark we have particular plans for: outreach) and have built up a small capability for imaging, photo rectification and 3D modelling. We've spent the past year learning how to do all this - and introducing students to the use of a UAV - and have carried out our first proper job by recording fieldwork excavations in a small Punic/Roman site we are working on. The LARSOCS project (Low Altitude Remote Sensing Over Compact Sites) was successful given our limited manpower, and we're bidding for more funds. We had a French student over for an exchange, and are now planning 2018 use, with four potential different projects being proposed. For pics and some more details, here's our site: Low Altitude Remote Sensing Of Compact Sites - Classics & Archaeology - University of Malta.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen