New P3 4K or Used P4 Advanced ?

Reaction score
Dear forum,

I am intending on buying a drone and have singled out 2 options.

Option 1 is a new sealed in box P3 Pro or 4K for £600
Option 2 is a used P4 with spare Battery and case for £700

The new one is not from a dealer so may not carry a warranty but can be returned within 30 days.

The used one is from a local guy who lives in my area but no warranty so to speak.

I have been assured that the used P4 has only a few flights on it and has never been crashed or damaged and is in mint condition. I have seen it in flight and it seemed ok.

What would you advise ?

We are novice flyers and thought the collision avoidance would be of use with the P4 but dont want to end up with a lemon either.

Many thanks in advance.

Rake

Last edited:
Is option #2 a P4 or a P3 Advanced?

I have a P4 and the obstacle avoidance has never operated to protect me, I have never needed it, however I was an experienced flier withe 200 flights on a P2V+. So the OA for me is just a nice to have, but not essential.
To verify the usage of the used P4 you can see how many charge cycles the battery has had, it may have had a few extra charges that were not flights,due to the auto discharge function.
Tough decision, both equally good propositions, me personally if the P4 usage can be verified as described above, then I would go for the P4, it will hold its value just a bit more than the 3. But you will not be disappointed with either choice.
So I have not really helped after all.

OK Going to meet the guy with the P4 this morning.

Give it a good look.

According to him he got it as a present so no reciept of original sale but it cant be that old.

Drone Bought - I guess you may be reading more of our post now lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl