New iOS Pilot App (1.1.2) RTH nag/dummy screen is deplorable

The overlay is horrible, blocks your view of the bird's view. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
Wow sorry to hear this...is the old I so similar to the android version. Hope they do that different.

I'm so happy you guys think the way I do. it SUCKS. Here's a photo

I asked the guys at RCgroups (the DJI reps) to do something about it and ask DJI to move it and here was the response from blade strike

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirious1
can someone take a screen shot of their RTH screen when it happens. I can't fly anytime soon and need to send in the screenshot to a DJI tech. Pretty please. I'm requesting the menu be moved, it's in the way.

Its not going to be removed. It was just added. Remember RTH is not a toy, it is there to recover the craft if it get into trouble or you do. If you don't want to see the menu then please cancel RTH"

So why not? If it impedes view on return why not? I use it sometime to return to home while I turn the camera backwards to get a different view. It's in the way. No **** it's not a toy.

So you cant fly the craft and get the same shot?

It has already been forwarded but not going to make any promises

I always thought of RTH as an emergency move only. And if I used it, I really don't care what's on the screen, as long as it brings the quad back. Obviously DJI was thinking this way when too. It's obvious that there are some who use RTH for other purposes.

So you cant fly the craft and get the same shot?

It has already been forwarded but not going to make any promises

I could but with RTH, I let it automate. But that's not the point here. The point is that no menu should obstruct your view... it should be placed lower right or have a minimize feature. I can see in the upper left where it says Go Home. I don't need it in the center of view. I'm using an air 2 and it's still in the way.

Like I said it has been forwarded. You posting on multiple forums will not change this in any way.

Like I said it has been forwarded. You posting on multiple forums will not change this in any way.
I posted on the RCgroups. You told me it wasn't a toy. There was no reassurance that it was communicated to DJI until just now. So I went and posted on the DJI forum. That way it wouldn't get lost in over 1000 pages of text. I didn't post this thread on the phantom pilots....but I did voice my opinion and post pictures. Sooo, that's it. I am thankful you communicated it with DJI....that's all I wanted in the first place, not told it wasn't a toy and left to feel blown off. People like myself pay the cash...DJI profits. I can use whatever venue I like to get my point across....I am the customer

not everybody visits all the forums as we do. Some here some there.

Last edited:
Reactions: gfredrone and snerd
I disliked it too. And a good company would listen to its customers, not browbeat them with a scolding when they make a suggestion.

Reactions: gfredrone
On an iPhone 6 the RTH warning almost completely blocks the screen so panning the camera to avoid obstacles or to review orientation is completely blocked out by this poorly placed warning. I do not like the placement of the RTH window as other users have stated. Placement to the side or a narrow notification bar with the warning would be much better.

This is from page 12 of the manual:

"The aircraft will then automatically return to the last recorded Home Point. You may use
the remote controller’s control sticks to control the aircraft’s position to avoid a collision during the Smart
RTH process."

The new overlay effectively prevents this. Have the DJI engineers changed their minds about purpose of RTH after they put in the capability for some degree of control?

The "RTH is not a toy" defense of this is just plain silly. RTH is a feature that Phantom buyers/pilots should be able to to use however they want.

Actually, I think it's an oversight that will get corrected.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl