New Hex Build

Boozshey said:
Finally got the MC6500 3 axis gimal in and installed. Man there is a ton of micro vibration. Going to need to shorten up the sticks a little I think to try and eliminate it.

I'm sad, as I was hoping this was going to be an out of the box setup...

O'well, more play time in my future.

Funny, I'd never heard of that gimbal before and now I've seen 2 separate mentions of it here today. Does it happen to specify which controller board it uses?

OI Photography said:
Funny, I'd never heard of that gimbal before and now I've seen 2 separate mentions of it here today. Does it happen to specify which controller board it uses?

Its some Russian variant as far as I could track down. Uses SimpleBGC...

This is about all I can find...

Package Included:
- 1 x CNC aluminum brushless gimbal
- 3 x AKE GM-1 Brushless Motor
- 1 x Russian version Brushless PTZ Controller
- 1 x SuperPMU Stabilizer

Boozshey said:
- 1 x Russian version Brushless PTZ Controller

This is what I pictured when I read that:

trukjeryjhrthfdgbfv.jpg

:D

Well, I decided to blame the vibration on the gimbal, I will have to mess with it some and see what it's deal is.

Even after Warp Stabilizer I am not happy with it. Here is a video showing pre/post production with it.

I think I will hard mount the camera again just to verify it only happens through the gimbal.

HORRIBLE!!!

http://vimeo.com/94609738

[vimeo]94609738[/vimeo]

Hi Boozshey,

Did you ever manage to get your gimbal setup working smoothly in the tarot? I'm currently trying to decide between the flame wheel F550 or the Tarot, so any insight would be great.

I looking to build a similar setup I also wondered what flight times you have managed with camera and gimbal attached?

Cheers Matt

Yes, I ended up using different vibration ball things that I had laying around. Took care of the problem. However, I think it was just the earlier release of the gimbal. I've bought another for another tarot build and it came with extra dampners. I didnt have to change them out on that one either.

Flight times:
1 - 4s 5000mah = 8-9 mins
1 - 4s 6600 mah = 11-12 mins
2 - 4s 5000mah = 15-16mins

I didn't have two 6600 to try but I believe that will get into the 20 min mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl