Reaction score
I finally got the chance to Beta test the upcoming Hangar 360 app. The app is as simple as it gets. Turn everything on, open the app, press the takeoff button, automatically file to 300 feet, automatically take 23 pano photos, automatically land, automatically upload the photos to your device, automatically upload the photos to Hangar, Hangar processes the photos and sends a link to this amazing 360 view: Hangar 360 Viewer

Does anyone know of another free app/program that does such an amazing job of stitching photos together like this?

If you are interested in Beta testing, here's the link: - Beta Signup for DJI, 3DR & GoPro Drone Owners

Reactions: rengle02 and Helgo
Interesting. looks like its from the Autopilot folks. I signed up. Not much info. Can you fly to a height of your own choosing, or only 300ft?

ugh i am part of the beta group but i have the p4p and it isn't supported yet. so jealous

Apparently not yet for the P3A either. I'm 'on the list'.

ugh i am part of the beta group but i have the p4p and it isn't supported yet. so jealous
Were you informed of this after signing up? The P4 Pro is listed as one of the available options.

I just looked again and still dont see the P4P as supported. Do you have a screenshot where you are looking?

I "assume" since it's listed, it's supported.

upload_2017-1-27_10-7-0.png

that list is for signing up and for them to gather user info im assuming. not all of those are supported yet

Reactions: BigAl07
Just signed up

Thanks for the info

Interesting.... if I put 2 and 2 together.

I looked at the Hanger sign up from the OP. I saw the Autopilot apps listed with Hanger and thought Hanger was going to be another Autopilot app. I have done several 360 panos, but they require a lot of post processing hoops to jump through. Hanger looked easy, so I thought I would Google around some to learn more. Then I found an article that Hanger, which I had never heard of, bought, or acquired interest in, was maybe how it was put, in Autopilot.

Then I get my sign up return email from Hanger. It was from Collin Guinn!?!?! The same Colin Guinn that was the past front man for DJI, turned front man for 3DR Solo.

Now that Solo has crashed and burned, it was reported 3DR was going to resurrect themselves as a drone software company instead of a drone manufacturer.

So is Hanger the resurrection of 3DR Solo? It appears to me to be so.

Signed up and got an email in return stating that they'll let me know when my platform (P4) is available. They also stated that they need 107 pilots for client projects and they will contact me if there is one in my area. Has any one done actual work for them? How was it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Friend told me about this...

Not sure if my P4P will work. Just downloaded the app (its in the app store so I guess it's out of Beta)

I take issue with the inability to have any control over movement and especially height. I personally feel 300 is too high for a pano. What detail can you get that high up.

I'm just voicing my opinion to add more control - ie let me take off, move around, and height

I had an issue with drifting at 300 ft in one of the betas and was able to bring the drone down lower, but I don't think you are able to change the 300 ft unless there is an issue.

Actually, 300 ft works great. I took this one at 300 ft over the house. Take a look: Hangar 360 Photo

I think that height looks great, but I would like to compare with 100 & 200 ft.

I had an issue with drifting at 300 ft in one of the betas and was able to bring the drone down lower, but I don't think you are able to change the 300 ft unless there is an issue.

Actually, 300 ft works great. I took this one at 300 ft over the house. Take a look: Hangar 360 Photo

I think that height looks great, but I would like to compare with 100 & 200 ft.

Here's one I did at 100 ft. I used litchi for the shots and okolo.com for the stitching.
okolo: Test

Interesting shots in the two prior posts. I prefer the Hanger one over the Litchi/Okolo as it appears to have much less lens distortion. The Hangar horizon does dip a bit on yawing, but then my bird does the same normally in flight yawing around a 360 too.

I liked the Litchi/Okolo too. I need to try the same thing using Autopilot. Hangar's advantage is that the process is automated. I'll have to see if there will be any way to manually lower the drone prior to taking photos.. A new beta version came out yesterday, but it's a little windy in Dallas this afternoon...maybe tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1