New Guy Needs Help

Reaction score
If this is something that folks have already answered - sorry - point me in the right direction (I did look before posting this) - So after 6 frustrating hours I still can not get the @#$% rotors to turn on. I just took this out of the box, updated the firmware, did an IMU calibration (twice) - I get the slow blinking yellow lights and a beeping - but can not get the rotors to turn. Any thoughts?

I knew what model i have - but I should probably share that DJI Model 3 Standard

Thanks,
Harry

Did you do the little thing with the sticks on the remote? If it's telling you it's ready to fly, put your thumbs on the control sticks and pull them both down (toward you) and to the middle (toward each other). The props should start up and it will be idling, waiting for the next command. I usually tell it to do the auto takeoff. It will go up to 3 or 4 feet and hover and you take it from there.

Be careful when you land. Just use the left stick down and to the center to stop the props. I find that if I use both (like I did on the older Phantom), it will goose the turn control and consequently flip over. Not serious, but embarrassing if people are watching. :)

Let us know if I made any sense. good luck

P.S. I had that same thing happen when I got my first Phantom. It was a Saturday, DJI was closed, and I wound up calling a hobby shop in Atlanta who told me what to do.

If this is something that folks have already answered - sorry - point me in the right direction (I did look before posting this) - So after 6 frustrating hours I still can not get the @#$% rotors to turn on. I just took this out of the box, updated the firmware, did an IMU calibration (twice) - I get the slow blinking yellow lights and a beeping - but can not get the rotors to turn. Any thoughts?

I knew what model i have - but I should probably share that DJI Model 3 Standard

Thanks,
Harry

Maybe reading the User's Manual would be a good start.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...antom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

Did you do the little thing with the sticks on the remote? If it's telling you it's ready to fly, put your thumbs on the control sticks and pull them both down (toward you) and to the middle (toward each other). The props should start up and it will be idling, waiting for the next command. I usually tell it to do the auto takeoff. It will go up to 3 or 4 feet and hover and you take it from there.

Be careful when you land. Just use the left stick down and to the center to stop the props. I find that if I use both (like I did on the older Phantom), it will goose the turn control and consequently flip over. Not serious, but embarrassing if people are watching. :)

Let us know if I made any sense. good luck

P.S. I had that same thing happen when I got my first Phantom. It was a Saturday, DJI was closed, and I wound up calling a hobby shop in Atlanta who told me what to do.

Thanks - for replying. I've been doing that (without the props) and nothing happens - well the gimble moves a little - but nothing from the props.

Be careful about testing the Drone using the Auto Take off if your in the house or somewhere where there is something above, ask me how I know that. I couldn't get mine to start up because it was't linked to the Drone & when I figured out how to link the RC & Drone correctly , I hit auto take off & away she went , bounced off my Ceiling fan & landed upside down my Leather Chairs . It still makes me laugh thinking about all the papers & packing material on the coffee table floating around .

Check to see if you can start the motors without props if you disable beginners mode.

With the Phantom, controller, and tablet all on does the tablet display what the camera is seeing? If it does will the gimble control move the camera up and down? If not the controller may need to be linked to the Phantom. If those two tests work then the controller is linked linked to the Phantom.

Assuming everything above was good what is the status displayed in the top center of the screen? I remember doing the IMU and compass calibration then trying to take off from a metal table. It reported a compass error and wouldn't let the motors start.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl