New guy, need a lil help please

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this. I just got a used Phantom 3 Pro off eBay. everything seems to be okay with it. I'm just having issues connecting to my phone. any tips or tricks anybody can inform me of to get this thing going?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. I just got a used Phantom 3 Pro off eBay. everything seems to be okay with it. I'm just having issues connecting to my phone. any tips or tricks anybody can inform me of to get this thing going?
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately you didn't say what type of phone (mobile device) you are using, so try one of these threads:
HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance
Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help
Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help
One common issue oddly enough is the USB cable. Try more than one.

Also, if you are interested click here for some important tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyhaines
Thanks for the replies, yes I have all the manuels and quick start guide downloaded. I was following the instructions on the app and I've also tried two different phones and I can't get either one to connect. One phone is a Samsung j7 Sky Pro the other one is a Samsung Galaxy S6 active. I think the j7 has Android 6.0 1 marshmallow. I'm not sure what the S6 active runs on. I plan on getting a tablet eventually but for right now I just want to make sure everything works.

Okay after about 3 or 4 hours now of trying to figure it out I finally have. All it was is the stupid USB cable, I got a different one and tried it.Bam! perfect LOL. So it was just the USB cable that was causing me all that time and effort. Yes I plan on getting something with the little larger-screen pretty much just for that. Any suggestion on a fairly cheap tablet that will still work with the app?

Okay after about 3 or 4 hours now of trying to figure it out I finally have. All it was is the stupid USB cable, I got a different one and tried it.Bam! perfect LOL. So it was just the USB cable that was causing me all that time and effort. Yes I plan on getting something with the little larger-screen pretty much just for that. Any suggestion on a fairly cheap tablet that will still work with the app?

I use a Tab A 8" with no problems.

I use a Tab Pro 8.4", 2.3GHz processor. Kinda old, got it for $80 on eBay.

Happens more than you might think
Sure does. Be careful not to let the connection get too loose either. I had one that would disconnect with the slightest touch. I went to change a camera setting during one flight and it disconnected on me. Turns out, I touched the cable and had to do a RTH. Freaked me out.

Changing cables is one of the first things that I look for when I have problems like that.

I use Apple's 2017 IPad 9.7" It's 32G and fits in your remote control holder. got mine on sale but they are on Ebay and Best Buy for 280-330$ Mine was 275 on Ebay. It works great with my P3Pro and P4Pro. Good luck....

Not sure what you consider fairly cheap. I have an ASUS Zenpad 8 that I really like. The Huawei M3, albeit more expensive, is extremely good.

Grab an iPad Mini, they fit well and work great with proper app installed.

Reactions: LARA images

Your idea of cheap and mine might be different. I run a Huawei M3 media pad 8.4. I love it! They newer model the Huawei M5 runs around $350 right now, about half the price of an ipad. I've read it has a brighter screen than an ipad as well, which is really important.

Android tablets can have issues, but the Huawei tablets have done well. They come with very little junk loaded on them and 4 GB of ram which is what DJI go really needs more than anything else.

One common issue oddly enough is the USB cable. Try more than one.
Okay after about 3 or 4 hours now of trying to figure it out I finally have. All it was is the stupid USB cable, I got a different one and tried it.Bam! perfect LOL. So it was just the USB cable that was causing me all that time and effort.
Glad you got it sorted. Cheers! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves