new gimbal...new problem

Reaction score
exchanged my other gimbal for a new one. this one is almost completely quiet as opposed to the screeching from the old one. updated/calibrated and just went out for a test flight.

gimbal keeps jerking cam left then back to the middle during flight. had the opposite problem of jerking down then back to middle on last gimbal. (im balanced when power is off btw)

so irritating...they gonna get this one back as well unless someone has a trick that fixes this. TIA

Done an imu calibration?

coonasty said:
exchanged my other gimbal for a new one. this one is almost completely quiet as opposed to the screeching from the old one. updated/calibrated and just went out for a test flight.

gimbal keeps jerking cam left then back to the middle during flight. had the opposite problem of jerking down then back to middle on last gimbal. (im balanced when power is off btw)

so irritating...they gonna get this one back as well unless someone has a trick that fixes this. TIA

You gimbal is going into momentary hibernation mode due to some external force putting it outside it's working parameters.
Make sure your the yaw axis motor is not binding on the Phantom body/battery and can move freely.
Make sure your props are balanced.
Change your dampers to softer ones.

Latest firmware?

With both gimbals acting in a similar way, I'd suspect Naza controller cal if not worse and all electrical connections. Sounds like a tough one. Is this a Phantom?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl