New firmware

I updated to new firmware.
Now my drones camera wont tilt all the way down. it goes to around 30 degrees.
Gimbal has full range at startup and when I calibrated it.
Also the drone when lowering straight down motors are slightly pulsating making the drone rock back and forth and side to side,
The drone never had these problems before.
drone is performing like this using DJIGO and LITCHI and with LITCHI im now losing video signal just a few meters away. never had that problem before either.

Also the drone when lowering straight down motors are slightly pulsating making the drone rock back and forth and side to side,
drone is performing like this using DJIGO and LITCHI and with LITCHI im now losing video signal just a few meters away. never had that problem before either.

Did you perform a calibration after updating?

Couldn't wait - went to the back yard, did the compass dance, and took off in the dark.

First thing I noticed was that it seemed more stable hovering @ ~8'... but maybe that was because - even though we have a solid overcast this morning - it had 11 satellites. After about a 30 sec. hover, did a 360 pan and everything OK. Ascended to 120', looked around, still OK. Shot it up to max. alt. (120M), tilted the camera down, and the on-screen crosshairs were pointed directly at the spot I took off from. Flew around the back of my property (10acres) and back, landed, everything A-OK!

Conclusion-- new FW update + app update = Good to GO :)

Thanks for the write up I need to do the update on mine and have been mulling over if I should do it or not.. been getting a lot of interference notices lately even tho I flew before in the same location with no notices... anyone noticed that? Could it be specific to my case or a sign to update firmware?

Btw I checked and no new radio towers / power lines erected to created those interference notices

Did you perform a calibration after updating?
Yes I did. IMU,Compass, and Gimbal.
The Gimbal seems to be binding it's binding at startup now.
I also uninstalled the DJI GO app and reinstalled the DJI GO app now called DJI GO for products before P4.
the motors don't seems to be pulsating when lowering the craft straight down now.

Redo (refresh) the firmware update with DJI-Assistant-2

I have only had my P3S for one flight - and it was awesome! Especially never having flown a drone before!
I am not sure what my current FW is, BUT is it worthwhile updating? Or just learn to fly a bit more as I know it works as it is?

stay with what you have for now, and do some reading here in the forum, and over on the other forum.
I have only had my P3S for one flight - and it was awesome! Especially never having flown a drone before!
I am not sure what my current FW is, BUT is it worthwhile updating? Or just learn to fly a bit more as I know it works as it is?

Reactions: Mattsplatt
I would not update until forced to do so.
I never had a problem until I was forced to update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna