New firmware

Already updated my drone to the latest fw. But cannot fly it yet because of bad weather. Im hoping for good weather tomorrow

Solentlife upgraded his without any issues. He's been a major contributor to the forums with extensive experience. And opinions:)

Solentlife upgraded his without any issues. He's been a major contributor to the forums with extensive experience. And opinions:)

Yep - I can be a grumpy old fart sometimes !! Comes from being an Officer for 17 years ... then a Company Boss for rest of my life !

Nigel

Updated. Everything went smoothly from beginning to end. Flew as good as before and i seem to notice less interference a low signal warnings. Got 4 gps satellites indoor, never happened before. Will test further. [emoji106]

For people who has installed the new FW, what are the new features?
Is it just the GEO system instead of the old No Fly Zones?

Yep - I can be a grumpy old fart sometimes !! Comes from being an Officer for 17 years ... then a Company Boss for rest of my life !

Nigel
Yes, I new your were Bossy, but an officer also, now I understand. :)

Rod

Yes, I new your were Bossy, but an officer also, now I understand. :)

Rod

I always got on well with those I commanded ... and I regard people who work under me as 'family'. I may be opinionated at times - but I am supportive and stand with my guys.

Anyway - enough about that ....

Nigel

Just tried to download new firmware on ISO stuck on 40% drone making a noise and won't connect to wifi now

It's the app firmware

Common mistake, confusing apps and firmware.

DJI GO is a software app(lication) that runs on iOS and Android devices. The two versions are independent from each other and - as of today - the latest iOS version is 3.1.11, whereas Android is at 3.1.6. Both iOS and Android have a mechanism to update existing apps, and - depending on user settings - the update can happen automatically or manually. What's important to understand is that updating DJI GO is not any different than updating other apps, like Snapchat or Instagram or Whatsapp.

The All-in-one firmware (this is how DJI calls it) is the software that is installed on our P3S, and it's currently at version 1.9.20. It's called "all-in-one" as it actually contains multiple packages: I don't know the details, but potentially every little sub-system of the P3S could have its own firmware (flight controller, speed controllers, camera, radio, battery, etc) and a certain "all-in-one" version might contain updates for some components and not others.
In the P3S, firmware upgrades are available via the DJI GO: when a new (firmware) version is available, the app notifies the user who can start the process (without going into details, the all-in-one firmware package is downloaded by the app from DJI, and then loaded to the AC microSD card, from where it gets pushed on the individual components).

Firmware versioning is completely independent from the DJI GO app version, although the overall P3S end-user experience is a combination of both, as some features are controlled by the app and others by the firmware. This is why you can find threads here claiming that some combinations (app + firmware) work better than others.

Did mine, all is well.
d08a9d571ce4d2c26ffcdb5f0ba88e95.jpg
1f367852bcd7fe364fbde1a9b9056dd4.jpg

Reactions: Wedgetail
Common mistake, confusing apps and firmware.

DJI GO is a software app(lication) that runs on iOS and Android devices. The two versions are independent from each other and - as of today - the latest iOS version is 3.1.11, whereas Android is at 3.1.6. Both iOS and Android have a mechanism to update existing apps, and - depending on user settings - the update can happen automatically or manually. What's important to understand is that updating DJI GO is not any different than updating other apps, like Snapchat or Instagram or Whatsapp.

The All-in-one firmware (this is how DJI calls it) is the software that is installed on our P3S, and it's currently at version 1.9.20. It's called "all-in-one" as it actually contains multiple packages: I don't know the details, but potentially every little sub-system of the P3S could have its own firmware (flight controller, speed controllers, camera, radio, battery, etc) and a certain "all-in-one" version might contain updates for some components and not others.
In the P3S, firmware upgrades are available via the DJI GO: when a new (firmware) version is available, the app notifies the user who can start the process (without going into details, the all-in-one firmware package is downloaded by the app from DJI, and then loaded to the AC microSD card, from where it gets pushed on the individual components).

Firmware versioning is completely independent from the DJI GO app version, although the overall P3S end-user experience is a combination of both, as some features are controlled by the app and others by the firmware. This is why you can find threads here claiming that some combinations (app + firmware) work better than others.

So would it be correct to assume that you cannot downgrade from 1.9.20 then because systems may have been accessed and changed that were not available in previous versions. My P3S was flying perfectly until I did this upgrade now I have barometer errors !! I should have known better :(

Reactions: ontheedge1
I always advise doing a full re-calibration after a FW update. An important factor in my view is that because IMU includes compass ... IMU should be done away from infkuences , same as when compass is done alone. I also do compass as my final calibration even though IMU includes it.

As yo Barometer, in my view this is a function that should not alter by FW update, but its data integration into flight controller may. The IMU takes in all info of axis movement and feeds flight controller. Therefore I would re-run IMU calibration in a clean open flat area - I would check for flat / level and place a mat to make sure.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl