New Firmware V01.04.0602

Litchi is a standalone app but the geospatial flight restrictions (no-fly zones, altitude limits, etc.) are built into the aircraft firmware and cannot be bypassed by the control app.

Ok but those updates can be kept at bay if you don't move to any future firmware correct? My Drones fly fine so why would I update to a version that might be more restrictive in regards to airspace and distance! I could theoretically use Litchi forever with no future updates right? Wrong?

Well this is stupid and I got a shoot on the weekend. Also it seems that the camera tilt wheel doesn't do anything anymore. Is there a way to do a complete factory reset on P4P+ and its controller? It's not like iOS app that one could reinstall.
The latest firmware bricked my gimbal/camera completely & I do not agree with restricting flight to 30m altitude/distance unless signed in to DJI Go app. How can you be signed in in the middle of nowhere with no internet?
If you connect your bird (not controller) to your PC or Mac you can use the DJI Go app to downgrade the firmware to the last working version. I did it last night, very simple and takes about 20min to complete. Never upgrading again until this has all been sorted out...

Realise note, point number 3,totally suggests an always on connection is needed, can anyone confirm, the way it's wrote just helps fuel the fear and confusion

You just have to sign in the app once time at least after the update. Then you can just fly anywhere without connection. I flew with the latest update both with DJI GO 4 and Litchi using my iPad mini (non cellular and no WiFi connection) without issues on this new firmware.

You just have to sign in the app once time at least after the update. Then you can just fly anywhere without connection. I flew with the latest update both with DJI GO 4 and Litchi using my iPad mini (non cellular and no WiFi connection) without issues on this new firmware.

Thanks for this clarification. Typical DJI, they're as clear as mud explaining things sometimes. Likely a translation problem, but you'd think the US DJI guys would catch this.

Last edited:
Thanks for this clarification. Typical DJI, they're as clear as mud explaining things. Likely a translation problem, but you'd think the US DJI guys would catch this.

Indeed. I guess they need to learn to at least add the context instead of just “U NO FLY IF NO LOGIN”

Reactions: Shan
I heard that you must log into your account after the update. I assumed that was a one time sync thing. What I take that statement to mean is that if you're just flying the bird without the app at all your flight will be limited. We know you can fly without the app- always could. Now you'll be limited doing that. I'm guessing that's what this means.
How do you fly without the app? Assuming you cannot see image from the camera.

Thanks, dji really did make it sound like an always on connection was needed, not updated dji go yet nor the FW, will see how it goes

Does anybody know if this fixed the gimble roll issue? It got worse with the last release for me. I have to constantly manually adjust it. It wasn't that bad before. I read about the beta fix and so forth. I'm hoping this fixes that issue.

Also, the last firmware updates made the drone's top speed slower. My friend noticed it with the Mavic so I tested. I used to get up to around 50mph but now I'm topped at 40. Same field, same conditions.

Anybody else notice that? Maybe I missed discussions here about it, if they exist.

Firmware Update for the Phantom 4 Pro (V 01.04.0602)
and Advanced (V 01.00.0128) released.

What’s New?

1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management.

2. Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged
into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

4. Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight

5. Optimized obstacle sensing to reduce detection errors at high altitudes. (Phantom 4 Advanced Only)

I've had video feed freezes in the field twice with the previous release. I was flying in low desert hills so I lost line of sight. I was out less than a mile. Luckily, RTH worked in both cases. HOPEFULLY, this or a future release will correct that. It seems to me that there would be a way for the video feed to reconnect on the way home so I could continue my flight. Right now it just goes home with frozen video. BTW, I've been flying with Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses and the experience has been great.

You'll have the same problem. Smart RTH will kick in at a very, very conservative number and your mission will terminate early.

Is this an opinion or tested fact please? As someone else has recently confirmed Litchi works with this new firmware, how Smart RTH works with other than DJI software remains unclear.

Is this an opinion or tested fact please? As someone else has recently confirmed Litchi works with this new firmware, how Smart RTH works with other than DJI software remains unclear.

Smart RTH is rather conservative in part because RTH flight speed is so S L O W. Litchi gave the option to cancel smart RTH once initiated but that never worked for me--as it would reactivate as soon as it was cancelled.

Last edited:
Isnt fw upgrade voluntary? I got a bunch of alerts the other day about this, and judging by the content in the warnings, it sounded like my craft wont work again unless i do, update of controller and craft required.
Did i miss something? Is there a critical bug that needs to be fixed, or is just the force the customers into their new privacy terms?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12