New Firmware V01.04.0602

Just got done with my update an hour ago. Went like clockwork for me. Used the Go App on my Air 2 to do it all. It stops at 99% like you all said. But if you notice your AC link light is no longer blinking red and green anymore. It's solid green. So the update is done. Then soon as I unplugged the bird and plugged back into my TX it goes to 100% and says the update is done. Then you do the TX update real quick and your done. It is a bummer having to go back and reset all of your custom flight settings and camera settings. But I almost know those by heart now. LOL. I also had a VPS alert to calibrate it with Assistant 2 as well. I just got done doing that. Never had to do that before. Kinda fun pointing your bird at the computer screen! But it went smooth as well. So I think Im good to go. I did not have to relink my TX to the bird like some have had to do here.

Last edited:
Just to reiterate the WARNING with the new firmware:

The Smart RTH feature is no longer there. You cannot turn it off. Long waypoint missions are a thing of the past.

I had the same problem, only Chinese maps to download, text on the map (Belgium) was in Chinese (even the Here WeGo logo), no detailed map. I contacted DJI support, they told me to do a Factory Reset on the RC.
Problem solved now! No more Chinese maps and text, downloading maps for offline use works.

Did the upgrade and went out for a quick fly this morning since we have high winds forecast for the next few days. Even with surface wind gusts around 20 mph and gusty conditions at higher altitudes the P4P handled very well and more importantly the horizon issues seem to have handled very well even during acceleration into the wind. I'm hopeful.

--zigs

I have recently updated to the new firmware with little issues with the update process. That being said ever since I get these warning about the Radio Channel Quality. In places where I have never had trouble all I get is 2.4Ghz transmission errors. 5Ghz seems fine at the moment. Any ideas.
372637507cb33f022b13832456d3dc80.jpg
same thing for me

In the 4 pro help section you will find a post about map problems for the + unit. Maybe it will give you some help.

Search for:
"Phantom 4 pro + maps"

I hope it helps...
Thanks for info, unfortunately lots of people have the same map problem but as yet there are no answers. I don't really need maps for the type of flying I'm doing; all I need is be well above the trees. Thanks again for your help.

Just to reiterate the WARNING with the new firmware:

The Smart RTH feature is no longer there. You cannot turn it off. Long waypoint missions are a thing of the past.

I just use ground station pro for waypoint missions.

Flew the new firmware today and everything was fine except the newly removed toggle for turning off smart go home..they did away with it. Also flew litchi which was fine except ONE PROBLEM. The reset gimbal function is not working right. Already reported to them.
Do you know if the firmware fixed the gimbal flip issues?

What a piece of crap update. I couldn't get update to work via app. I used DJI Assistant 2 and it updated successfully. My remote was flashing red and green and display was a mess. I could not find any update for controller. I rolled back the the previous version and all is good again. I suspect controller had inconsistent version, but I couldn't get it to show an update.

What a piece of crap update. I couldn't get update to work via app. I used DJI Assistant 2 and it updated successfully. My remote was flashing red and green and display was a mess. I could not find any update for controller. I rolled back the the previous version and all is good again. I suspect controller had inconsistent version, but I couldn't get it to show an update.

Did you try the following after the firmware update?

* Once successful you can hit Go Fly but you are not done yet.
* The Overall Status in the Aircraft status pane should show the controller needs firmware upgrade. Proceed with that.
* After a few minutes of annoying beeps it will be finished.
* Reboot the RC and all should be well

I had the same problem, only Chinese maps to download, text on the map (Belgium) was in Chinese (even the Here WeGo logo), no detailed map. I contacted DJI support, they told me to do a Factory Reset on the RC.
Problem solved now! No more Chinese maps and text, downloading maps for offline use works.
Thankyou, been working on this map problem for two days, my maps are now working again, Jim

Reactions: steven.j
In the 4 pro help section you will find a post about map problems for the + unit. Maybe it will give you some help.

Search for:
"Phantom 4 pro + maps"

I hope it helps...
Big thanks, there a new entry in that thread, all I needed to do was a full factory reset, not happy with myself as i'm a programmer and should have thought at the start, Jim

Big thanks, there a new entry in that thread, all I needed to do was a full factory reset, not happy with myself as i'm a programmer and should have thought at the start, Jim

Welcome, happy it worked out!

Cheers

Odd, I see many people with the P4P+ placing the update on a micro SD card and then updating the controller that way. I never received such a chance because as soon as I powered on the P4P+ it told me there was an update and asked if I wished to download it. After it downloaded, it then asked me if I wished to install it. After that was done, it then told me my Phantom required a firmware update. Plugged the Phantom into my MAC, ran DJI Assistant and updated to the latest firmware shown. The (plus) controller and P4P Pro connected to each other. Have not flown it yet... that is for tomorrow.

I was just able to update rc and aircraft firmware. Only problem is my nfz unlock is not working with this firmware as it continues to show I'm in a no fly zone. I have renewed it and it shows as valid. I live in a autorization zone and with past firmwares I just reapply for the nfz and it's unlocked without a problem. Has anyone else tried the nfz unlock with this new firmware?

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same issue. I couldn't find the update for the RC--but you have to turn the drone on, and wait for the overall status message on the "Aircraft Status" page that pops up automatically, to tell you you need to update the RC firmware. I was looking under "general settings">"about">"check for updates"; as well as the main "landing page" of the app itself where it notifies you if your drone needs an update.

Well, after all the trouble I had updating yesterday I went out today with 4 charged batteries to do some flying. But, as has been the case for more than a month and a half the winds were really high today and I almost cancelled the flights. I went ahead and made 3 flights in 3 different locations and due to the wind the video is not as sharp as usual and that included a few noticeable gimbal twitches. But, the real heart stopper was my third and final flight ... I went out upstream on the Provo River at the east end of the Jordanelle Reservoir and after turning around and heading west I found my forward speed was dropping down below 5mph even though I had the right stick full forward. I tried bucking the wind for a few seconds but the speed was less than 5mph so I turn left, gained some speed, descended, then turned back home. I got to within about 600 feet of home when the Go 4 app crashed and exited itself -- first time that's ever happened to me. I re-launched the app and was back up in about 30 seconds and was able to get it on the ground but just barely -- the wind was nasty.

I've just finished reviewing the video of the 3 flights and in addition to the slight blurriness and twitching from the wind I also noticed that I missed some settings for the video: I usually use the mp4 container and H.265 but all the video was recorded as mov and H.264 -- I'll correct that shortly. But, I am concerned about the Go 4 app crashing and hope that doesn't happen again. I should mention that when the app crashed I took my hands of the sticks and fortunately I was high enough and away from trees etc so even if it had drifted a bit, which it shouldn't do with GPS, it wasn't going to hit anything. So, if something like this happens to someone else don't panic and flail about.

Brian

Well, after all the trouble I had updating yesterday I went out today with 4 charged batteries to do some flying. But, as has been the case for more than a month and a half the winds were really high today and I almost cancelled the flights. I went ahead and made 3 flights in 3 different locations and due to the wind the video is not as sharp as usual and that included a few noticeable gimbal twitches. But, the real heart stopper was my third and final flight ... I went out upstream on the Provo River at the east end of the Jordanelle Reservoir and after turning around and heading west I found my forward speed was dropping down below 5mph even though I had the right stick full forward. I tried bucking the wind for a few seconds but the speed was less than 5mph so I turn left, gained some speed, descended, then turned back home. I got to within about 600 feet of home when the Go 4 app crashed and exited itself -- first time that's ever happened to me. I re-launched the app and was back up in about 30 seconds and was able to get it on the ground but just barely -- the wind was nasty.
We're you using an Android or iOS device? What brand and model?

We're you using an Android or iOS device? What brand and model?

I've been using a Samsung S2 since I got the P4P in early December and this is the first time the Go 4 app crashed on me. I've had the failure to connect issue between the tablet/app and the RC as many others have had but this is the first time the app crashed on me. Fortunately I didn't have to cycle power on the S2 to get the app back up as that would have added about 45 more seconds.

I know that DJI advises us to buy tablets of there choice, but what are we supposed to do if down the road they change there app and now require a different list of tablets. Beyond that, as detailed in my rants about the recent update, I could not get the DJI Assistant 2 app to connect to the drone and that was using an Asus laptop running Windows 10 and is the same laptop that I've used to update all the previous firmware's without an issue. I just think that DJI has some pretty crappy programmers on the UI and comm sync side of things -- they surely have some good guys doing the flight control code, but the UI and device comm stuff is abysmal!

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3