New Firmware V01.04.0602

After sitting out the past few days because of high wind I went out to fly again today and had one of the most frustrating days ever trying to get authorization to fly in a "yellow" zone. DJI's website said I was using my browser in private mode and even though I tried four different browsers none of them any longer showed my unlock plans in my account via desktop browser. I then checked in the GO4 app (ipad mini 4) and it showed I had authorization. Then, when I was actually onsite the Authorization data would not sync with the RC or bird. I finally got so frustrated I downgraded to the previous firmware for the bird. Still have the new firmware on the RC. That's getting rolled back tomorrow.

For the life of me I wish DJI would give us an opt out on the GEOcrap. It isn't even applicable for many using a 107.

-- tom
i thought you just had to call the airport or helipad. what do you mean you have to get an authorization? Has something changed? I usually fly in a green area out of the no fly zone.

Yeah, I have to disagree here ...

DJI knows that if enough idiots do stupid stuff with DJI drones that they might find it illegal to sell them owing to rules imposed by the respective countries. They, DJI, have a vested interest in reducing the chances that one of there idiot customers ruins it for everyone else AND themselves.

I have a problem with the way DJI is going about this as I've mentioned before, but to say they shouldn't make an effort to limit the idiots is short sighted. I think what DJI is doing is an effort to convince the rules makers that they (DJI) are being proactive at limiting bad behavior and are doing so to forestall further legislation that might make flying our drones more limiting or even illegal.
What would you do if you were running things at DJI?

Brian
I am not Brendan Schulman. I don't run DJI. Their profitability and legal liability is not my concern. I am a consumer of DJI aircraft, and I vehemently object to their cramdown of GEO, which is half baked and ill conceived and buggy as the day is long! There are other threads where these issues are regularly discussed by professionals. The overall concensus is that DJI can no longer be used as a professional tool solely because of DJI's implementation of GEO. It is unreliable and unpredictable. Alternate aircraft must be used when it has to work 100% of the time, without exceptions! :eek:

i thought you just had to call the airport or helipad. what do you mean you have to get an authorization? Has something changed? I usually fly in a green area out of the no fly zone.
It's called aircraft will not take off. Sometimes you just feel like a helpless idiot. Of course, DJI operates from the assumption that's exactly what we are. It's kind of like selling you a car that won't start because you might break the speed limit. But, that's probably coming down the road, too. I've come to the conclusion that many believe the DJI no-fly stuff is actually enshrined in US law. It isn't. But like others have commented, we seem to have no problem having our lives dictated by the Chicoms.

I am not Brendan Schulman. I don't run DJI. Their profitability and legal liability is not my concern. I am a consumer of DJI aircraft, and I vehemently object to their cramdown of GEO, which is half baked and ill conceived and buggy as the day is long! There are other threads where these issues are regularly discussed by professionals. The overall concensus is that DJI can no longer be used as a professional tool solely because of DJI's implementation of GEO. It is unreliable and unpredictable. Alternate aircraft must be used when it has to work 100% of the time, without exceptions! :eek:

BINGO!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Any chance you have the previous file to use to load on the controller (V01.03.0509)?

I guess the previous is v11.30 and it's available hear:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170307/GL300E_RC_v1130_20170307.zip

I did the downgrade of my P4P+ (AC & RC). For AC downgrade to V1.03.0509 is easy, I followed DJI instructions on the web. For RC downgrade to V.1.2.0.0 I used above file, the update passed but then followed power up issues. Regarding power up warnings I did factory reset (go into system - factory reset including SD card with small buttons at the edge of the screen). It works now, no power up issues any more....

Reactions: setandforget
Long standing P4 owner who will be receiving the P4 Pro plus in the next day. Having read this thread, I am asking advise on initial start up of the drone.
When I got the P4 it asked me to register the drone with DJI. Should i establish a new account for the Phantom 4 pro as I sold the phantom 4?

Also, after I register the drone, can I simply refuse the software update? It seems, having read this thread, that it is best to no update till the issues arr resolved.

So, basically, what is the best recommendation for a prior P4 owner on receipt of the new P4 Pro plus which hasn't been registered.

Thanks

Yeah, I have to disagree here ...

DJI knows that if enough idiots do stupid stuff with DJI drones that they might find it illegal to sell them owing to rules imposed by the respective countries. They, DJI, have a vested interest in reducing the chances that one of there idiot customers ruins it for everyone else AND themselves.

I have a problem with the way DJI is going about this as I've mentioned before, but to say they shouldn't make an effort to limit the idiots is short sighted. I think what DJI is doing is an effort to convince the rules makers that they (DJI) are being proactive at limiting bad behavior and are doing so to forestall further legislation that might make flying our drones more limiting or even illegal.
What would you do if you were running things at DJI?

Brian

I would hire programmers that know how to program and don't send out update after update that is full of bugs! And I would hire people that knew what the meaning of "Customer Service" is!!

Reactions: AyeYo
Ok, this is the most confusing thread about a firmware update so far.

Is all the complaining primarily from Pro+ owners???

If so, please state why and leave it at that. There is the same parties complaining over and over and over again, which helps absolutely NOTHING and just is an attempt to make it look like a larger problem than it is.

In regards to Pro owners (not Pro+), it would help if someone clarified exactly what IS the problem with the new firmware.

And, sorry NFZ and stuff associated with it is NOT a firmware problem. That is a software issue with DJI and restrictions, so please will everyone stop calling it a firmware problem.

Firmware issues are issues that affect the flying characteristics, the camera functionality and the like. Again, NFZ and not being ALLOWED to fly are NOT firmware issues, but are flight rule issues established by governments and regulatory bodies.

It just seems that when there is a Pro+ issue that affects ONLY the Pro+ there seems to be a ton of "the sky is falling" type chicken-little squawking because people are upset. Please restrain those to Pro+ ONLY threads so the rest of us can ignore the issue, since it doesn't affect Pro owners.

Reactions: whitelineNI
Ok, this is the most confusing thread about a firmware update so far.

Is all the complaining primarily from Pro+ owners???

If so, please state why and leave it at that. There is the same parties complaining over and over and over again, which helps absolutely NOTHING and just is an attempt to make it look like a larger problem than it is.

In regards to Pro owners (not Pro+), it would help if someone clarified exactly what IS the problem with the new firmware.

And, sorry NFZ and stuff associated with it is NOT a firmware problem. That is a software issue with DJI and restrictions, so please will everyone stop calling it a firmware problem.

Firmware issues are issues that affect the flying characteristics, the camera functionality and the like. Again, NFZ and not being ALLOWED to fly are NOT firmware issues, but are flight rule issues established by governments and regulatory bodies.

It just seems that when there is a Pro+ issue that affects ONLY the Pro+ there seems to be a ton of "the sky is falling" type chicken-little squawking because people are upset. Please restrain those to Pro+ ONLY threads so the rest of us can ignore the issue, since it doesn't affect Pro owners.

There is often a blurry line between what is software and what is firmware. In this case the NFZ is firmware. With DJI consider what is loaded in the hardware of the P4 as firmware and software would be DJI GO4. If NFZ was software you could use Litchi but that would have the same restrictions as it is in the hardware.

I guess the previous is v11.30 and it's available hear:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170307/GL300E_RC_v1130_20170307.zip

I did the downgrade of my P4P+ (AC & RC). For AC downgrade to V1.03.0509 is easy, I followed DJI instructions on the web. For RC downgrade to V.1.2.0.0 I used above file, the update passed but then followed power up issues. Regarding power up warnings I did factory reset (go into system - factory reset including SD card with small buttons at the edge of the screen). It works now, no power up issues any more....

@mzgm

I just downgraded my p4p+ last night due to horrible gimbal vibrations and failing to complete gimbal calibration past 50%. Issues fixed. I'm curious if I need to do the same to my RC. Can I ask why you downgraded you RC to previous version? Also, is this simple as copying the file onto sd card and inserting into RC and powering the controller on? Did you reset the control first prior to inserting the sd card (with downgraded RC version) or did you install the downgrade version then do a power reset of your controller that fixed the power up issues?

Thank for you feed back.

if you find someone who has a copy of the previous firmware update file and a place to download it from I'll be glad to show you how to do it.

Looks like today is your day. See link for RC file. Copied from another thread I was commenting on.
New Firmware V01.04.0602 I guess ...ww.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/1203343/

Reactions: Shan
@mzgm

I just downgraded my p4p+ last night due to horrible gimbal vibrations and failing to complete gimbal calibration past 50%. Issues fixed. I'm curious if I need to do the same to my RC. Can I ask why you downgraded you RC to previous version? Also, is this simple as copying the file onto sd card and inserting into RC and powering the controller on? Did you reset the control first prior to inserting the sd card (with downgraded RC version) or did you install the downgrade version then do a power reset of your controller that fixed the power up issues?

Thank for you feed back.

1. I tested AC V1.03.0509 and RC V.1.2.0.0 combo and it doesn't work for me (false warnings like: conflicting with 2.4GHz despite I set 5GHz only, all the time strong interference - fly with caution etc). Last but not least I guess DJI has not approved it.

2. After RC firmware download I did regular update from SD card (system - update - from local source). After update process, on RC with v1130 during power up I got the message on the screen: "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped. I resolved it. With the small buttons at the edge of the screen I got the system settings window and started factory reset including clearing all SD data. After that DJI GO 4 works well and downgrade (v1.1.3.0) step is done for my RC . So I have the original combo from previous upgrade AC firmware V1.03.0509 & RC firmware V.1.1.3.0

Hope it helps. Above experience I published on DJI forum too and this is the place I got the download link too.

Thank you. I too get the same messages on my RC. I am new to all this so I am trying to learn and catch up with the mass. Thanks again.

I had the same problem, only Chinese maps to download, text on the map (Belgium) was in Chinese (even the Here WeGo logo), no detailed map. I contacted DJI support, they told me to do a Factory Reset on the RC.
Problem solved now! No more Chinese maps and text, downloading maps for offline use works.
I had the same issue with the maps and did the factory reset on the RC
I had the same problem, only Chinese maps to download, text on the map (Belgium) was in Chinese (even the Here WeGo logo), no detailed map. I contacted DJI support, they told me to do a Factory Reset on the RC.
Problem solved now! No more Chinese maps and text, downloading maps for offline use works.
i had the same problem and did a factory reset on the RC and when I restarted the RC it went to the page that says sign into dji to continue. I try to sign in but it says internet is not available but it actually is. Not I seem to be locked out.

I had the same issue with the maps and did the factory reset on the RC

i had the same problem and did a factory reset on the RC and when I restarted the RC it went to the page that says sign into dji to continue. I try to sign in but it says internet is not available but it actually is. Not I seem to be locked out.

When the Factory Reset is finished , you have to select your wifi network again, the factory reset removed your settings/password etc...
Swipe down from the top and go to settings...

This whole FW issue is a joke, doesn't matter which DJI model you have. I (and many of you) have done lots of FW updates of various electronic devices over the years and I have never heard a company having so many issues. Do they not test the stuff before they release it, surely they can't be that incompetent? But unfortunately it sounds like they are. When you buy the amount of money we've paid for these items you would expect the stuff to work and not have to go thru weeks of the crap I'm reading over and over. It doesn't matter what I've done or not done, that doesn't change how unprofessional and incompetent DJI is.
End of rant...

Reactions: mindstorm
When the Factory Reset is finished , you have to select your wifi network again, the factory reset removed your settings/password etc...
Swipe down from the top and go to settings...
Thanks I contacted dji support and they wanted me to send it back for repair. You saved me a lot of trouble much appreciated.

Reactions: steven.j

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart