New Firmware for P4P+

Reaction score
I was just visiting the DJI website and they have new firmware for the P4P+ that's dated today, 09Dec16. Anyone investigated yet -- curious to know what's different and if we can expect an update for the base P4P anytime soon. As best I can tell the latest firmware for the base P4P is 25Nov16.

EDIT...

It looks like the new firmware is significantly altering the video recording settings with new color profiles and the elimination of others. It looks to me that the P4P will be getting new firmware shortly as well.

Brian

Last edited:
The firmware is for both the P4P and P4P+. You can check out the changes in the release notes on the P4P downloads page.

The firmware is for both the P4P and P4P+. You can check out the changes in the release notes on the P4P downloads page.

That page lists firmware update for the P4P+ not the P4P. Though I've heard elsewhere that the P4P also has an update. I just received my replacement P4P today so I'll check what version it want to update to in a little bit.

Brian

The P4P remote controller firmware is updated via DJI GO. If you read the release notes at the top of that page, you can see the new firmware update includes a remote controller update for the P4P.

It has done nothing but cause me issues tonight...Cameras screen is pixelated and then go's black and locked out of camera setting plus calibration is acting weird..... cant even fly now!
Do you know how to do a complete firmware re-update as my first try must be corrupted?

If you use the Assistant 2 software (Win or Mac) you can roll back to older firmware or refresh the new firmware.

Brian

It has done nothing but cause me issues tonight...Cameras screen is pixelated and then go's black and locked out of camera setting plus calibration is acting weird..... cant even fly now!
Do you know how to do a complete firmware re-update as my first try must be corrupted?

I had exactly the same problem when using my iPad but when I switched to iPhone 7plus it seemed to work fine.

Only problem I had none of my footage was recorded to the memory card. Not sure if it's a dodgy card or the firmware update

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94