New DJI product coming 4/23/19

What will it be???

I did find this funny looking creature along with few other interesting reads but no real leads as to what might be but I'm watching
Screenshot_20190401-111828.jpg

Reactions: Whey and 3rdof5
I personally hope this will be a new flying unit and not another Osmo. I do want a second AC. I love my P3P and tbh i have zero interest in a P4 for many reasons. I've been looking at the Mavics but I guess I'm just biased towards the Phantoms. Cmon DJI, show me something cool and I will buy it..

Really? Despite an unambiguous confirmation from a DJI Director?
Yes I honestly don't believe they would discontinue such an iconic line. The Phantoms made them. I completely understand business decisions on such things and I can see both sides of the "arguments" made regarding whether or not the Phantom series is still viable. IMHO i feel and "see" that DJI both knows and sees that dropping the Phantom series would hurt them more than help them, at least at this point in the grand scheme of quads. I could easily be wrong. But I stand by my opinion:)

I did find this funny looking creature along with few other interesting reads but no real leads as to what might be but I'm watchingView attachment 110084
Our Sheriff's Office has this unit. Mavic 2 Enterprise. Mainly SAR drone we use for indoor tactical operations. It has 3 items that are interchangeable, a speaker that is really loud, light that are really bright and a flashing beacon. It also has a FLIR Duo camera. We've already used with great success.

Our Sheriff's Office has this unit. Mavic 2 Enterprise. Mainly SAR drone we use for indoor tactical operations. It has 3 items that are interchangeable, a speaker that is really loud, light that are really bright and a flashing beacon. It also has a FLIR Duo camera. We've already used with great success.
Great thanks for info,
First time I see it,,certainly looks the part :)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Why not start a new thread in the general discussion area, highlighting what the successes were? Or if you already did, share a link, I know I'd be interested.

Yes I honestly don't believe they would discontinue such an iconic line. The Phantoms made them. I completely understand business decisions on such things and I can see both sides of the "arguments" made regarding whether or not the Phantom series is still viable. IMHO i feel and "see" that DJI both knows and sees that dropping the Phantom series would hurt them more than help them, at least at this point in the grand scheme of quads. I could easily be wrong. But I stand by my opinion:)

I started a thread a while back expecting that DJI would release a P5 or whatever they'd call it, but I now think the Phantom line is over. It makes more sense to release a version of the Mavic with folding arms and a superior camera and neither of the newer Mavic's fit that bill. At best they're about equal to the camera on the P4P with a few improvements but nothing significant that 2 years of development would justify. For DJI to come out with a Mavic or other consumer drone that clearly surpasses the P4P it would need to have a genuine 4K60 camera and at least 125Mbps and preferably 150Mbps. If DJI were to come out with such a Mavic, or a new model based on the Mavic plan-form, with 4K60 and 150Mbps along with a 30 minutes flight time and updated collision sensors. At that bitrate it may be desirable to upgrade the uSD card slot and pipeline to faster technology (U3 A2). If they want to provide a camera with interchangeable lenses the weight would almost certainly increase so perhaps a new model based on the Mavic but a bit bigger with larger batteries would make sense. Being able to comfortably backpack a drone with controller etc so you can hike a good distance is one of the advantages of the folding drones like the Mavic so if they do release a new model I feel certain it will look a lot like the Mavic and be foldable.

Brian

Here's the enterprise in OZ
and another version

Well those are reasonable offerings in search and rescue and survey work and I'm sure they'll sell a bunch of both for there respective applications. Still waiting for something in the consumer space that genuinely exceeds the P4P for video/image quality.

Brian

Reactions: Tenisyn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart