New DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian??

Agreed, at this point I'd wait for next gen craft to see if it's worth considering. And if there's nothing compelling about P5, then wait for the P4P to decrease in price with the P5 release. I would assume the P5 will at least have:

1. Ocu-Sync (for DJI Goggle compatibility)
2. Sinusoidal ESCs (better efficiency for longer flight) like the new Mavic
3. Quiter props, like the new Mavic
4. Slightly more battery capacity, 99Wh instead of 89.2 Wh. The battery will be under 100W to be compliant with unlimited airline travel, like the Inspire2 batteries.
It's possible, it's possible.. Good esimates.

Happen to know if those props would be backwards compatible? The only thing I care about there is the noise level..

It's possible, it's possible.. Good esimates.

Happen to know if those props would be backwards compatible? The only thing I care about there is the noise level..
Hah, nobody knows anything for sure, mine are all pure guesses, so don't bank on anything.

You could always buy a Yuneec Q500. They have about half the noise of Phantoms because the prop RPM is slower and they use bigger 11" props. Super quiet for a drone, but it's larger too.

Agreed, at this point I'd wait for next gen craft announcement to see if it's worth considering. And if there's nothing compelling about P5, then wait for the P4P to decrease in price with the P5 release. I would assume the P5 will at least have:

4. Slightly more battery capacity, 99Wh instead of 89.2 Wh. The battery will be under 100W to be compliant with unlimited airline travel, like the Inspire2 batteries.

When do think they might release info on the 5

Seems like quiet is becoming increasingly popular, maybe a new body, wider, so bigger props can be used?

Seems like quiet is becoming increasingly popular, maybe a new body, wider, so bigger props can be used?
It's takes a slower prop to be considerably quieter, which usually means a larger drone with less RPMs, like the Yuneec Q500 with 11" props, which is about half the sound of a Phantom, very quiet. The craft would need to be larger like a Q500, unless you could overlap the props somehow. Or, maybe a larger folding design like Mavic, utilizing slower motors with large 11" props.

Agreed, at this point I'd wait for next gen craft announcement to see if it's worth considering. And if there's nothing compelling about P5, then wait for the P4P to decrease in price with the P5 release. I would assume the P5 will at least have:

I agree. Both the 'new' Mavic and P4 are only minor improvements. The real new drone will be probably be the P5.
The P5 will likely use the new Intel Movidius chip with improved obstacle avoidance and smart flight modes.

I agree. Both the 'new' Mavic and P4 are only minor improvements. The real new drone will be probably be the P5.
The P5 will likely use the new Intel Movidius chip with improved obstacle avoidance and smart flight modes.
I hate obstacle avoidance. Have had to turn it off for a lot of shots where I had to fly close to tree branches and follow people.
Never once has it saved me. But a good thing that I noticed is that even after you turn it off you get notifications onscreen when some object is getting closer. Thats a good feature.

I don't like it because I don't trust it. I dont feel secure even though it's on, I always check my surroundings constantly. I flew into this tiny tree branch once and almost crashed. Since then I feel its just a shitty gimmick. It's the small objects that you need saving from. Anyone is smart enough not to fly into a fricking wall.

Instagram post by Horizon Pictures (Sweden) • Feb 27, 2017 at 1:15pm UTC

Reactions: skysense and Alba52
When a company starts changing the color of a product, to 'milk' more money, out of that product, that shows two signs, declining sales and lack of innovation. "just say n"
They're trying to burn stock of an older model. First they release the top tier. Then come the lesser model (P4 Advanced, btw I think is a good purchase), then come the different color options to spice it up. All they can muster to offer solutions in all price tiers, but most expensive is released first.

Production of several components for P4P/A have probably ceased already and they know how much more stock they need to burn until P5.

They probably won't release the P5 until they've sold out most of their P4P/A body shells and internals.

P4P will be discontinued, it's too good a rival to the P5. New line will probably be P3 Standard and P5 series.

Unless of course they release the Mavic 2 Pro instead and just let the Phantom line decay. They will never openly admit it is ceased until years after, as no one would want to buy an officially obsolete product. If the Mavic 2 has a 1 inch sensor, that is it for the Phantom series.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Why would anyone want a Black Drone. Imagine not being able to see the **** thing around trees and other dark objects. Plus, if it were to Crash in a Wooded Area, GOOD LUCK finding it, (unless you have a GPS tracker on it)

They should have made it in Bright Florescent Yellow or Orange. So it stands out in the sky and its easy to spot when it gets stuck in a Tree. This was one reason I got rid of my 3DR Quad! It crashed into a wooded Area and I eventually found it, but it was tough seeing it.

Nope, this won't be on my menu for purchase!

Reactions: Dronefriend
Why would anyone want a Black Drone. Imagine not being able to see the **** thing around trees and other dark objects. Plus, if it were to Crash in a Wooded Area, GOOD LUCK finding it, (unless you have a GPS tracker on it)

They should have made it in Bright Florescent Yellow or Orange. So it stands out in the sky and its easy to spot when it gets stuck in a Tree. This was one reason I got rid of my 3DR Quad! It crashed into a wooded Area and I eventually found it, but it was tough seeing it.

Nope, this won't be on my menu for purchase!
The darker gray would actually be easier to see against the sky but your right it would def be harder to see in trees ect. I really like the look of it tbo! But no way would I ever buy since I already have the white. I'm sure they are just gettng rid of shells and making room for the next bird![/QUOTE]

Reactions: JTorsrud

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna