New DJI 5.8ghz Remote Control (Left Dial, Built-in Lipo Batt

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
I just bought the new remote with the left dial.
The dial is spring loaded and defaults to tilting down to a 45deg angle or so. So in order to fly with it level, I have to constantly keep my finger on it. I dint't have to do this with my previous remote.

Is there a way i can change this? or is it something i just have to get used to?

mike

Re: New DJI 5.8ghz Remote Control (Left Dial, Built-in Lipo

You have to go into the software assistant and click on the Basic Tab, Click on RC and click "Upgraded" remote. Everything will work great!

Hope this helps.
Jeff
#DJICreator

okay...i did that...now it's making noises....not the normal beeps that it used to make
any tips?

Please be more specific. Describe the noises and when they are happening. During gimbal idle or when you are moving it via RC?

Whats making the noise? Is it coming from the servo in the gimbal? IF its the servo making noise. Which is normal if the frequancy to the servo motor is at the default 100mhz electric frequency it can some times sound like a locus bug.

If its that then change the frq to 400mhz and it will quite it down a lot. Well really its still just as noisy but the human ear cant hear in the 400mhz range to well.

But as far as the spring return in the pitch wheel the soft ware cant take away the spring thats in the new pitch wheels BUT you can take the spring out of the wheel so it will not keep going to center. BUT before you do make sure you calibrate the wheel first in the naza soft ware. and hand on to the spring incase you ever need to calibrate the wheel again in the future. OR make a mark on the wheel and the housing of the tx so you can perfectly line up the 2 marks to know were the exact center is again. For if you ever need to run the calibration again you will need to be able to get the wheel to the center point.

UGHHHHH!!!
so the noise was a climbing pitch, which seemed to be that the gimbal needed updated firmware.
so i took it out this am to film surfing here in San Diego.
on my 4th battery the voltage fluctuated and it landed in the ocean!!! F***!!!!!!!!!
anyone selling just a phantom 2 and gimbal? i have everything else

oh wow that blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! were you able to atleast get it back from the water?

nope....tides about to head out right now. i'm going back to look.

Where in SD were you flying? I fly in Del Mar all the time and saw a Phantom this morning. Was that you?

no i was at sunset cliffs.
i went back after high tide and found LD2 .....little droney 2 in the back of a cliff cave.
i'm not sure what will still work after 6 hrs at the bottom of the ocean.
should i soak him in fresh water first?

Attachments

• 20150124_151728.jpg
    20150124_151728.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 569

Take apart every thing you can including all the screws and plugs and rinse it all with distilled water. Or even better if you can get it deionized water.

Then if you can get hold of any pure dry Isopropyl Alcohol rinse out as much of the water as you can. and let it dry thoroughly before trying to power it on at all. If you rinse it with the alc you can also dry in an over for a few hours set at about 100-125f and it will drive off any of the alc. and a good source of pure dry Isopropyl Alcohol that contains no water is to get your self a bottle of dry gas or some times refered to as gas line anti freeze.

worse thing you could do is to let that salt water dry on it. If so it will eat up and corrode the hell out of every thing metal in a very short time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl