New Controller - Left stick stays down?

DML

Reaction score
So I got a new Phantom for my brother, and his controller is different than mine (but I bought mine month ago). I press the left stick all the way down...it stays down, even has a little click when it locks. My old controller would bounce right back to neutral when I released it.

I'm not experienced yet to know two things....

1) Which is better? Lock or going back to neutral?
2) Or is something wrong with one of these controllers?

Thanks!

short answer is yes, this is normal. the original/older controllers don't have that "descent lock" that the newer controllers do.

the descent lock thing is irrelevant to "which is better" it's just a ******** little feature imo

There are other features between the old and new controllers, at least in the non-Vision series the newer controllers have a much better gimbal controller and built in battery vs taking AAs... I think it's pretty much the same in the Vision series

He has the new controller. It clicks there on purpose. Other extras are built in battery, scroll wheel for the gimbal & trainer port on the back.

There's a few of us that have upgraded to these new transmitters :)

Ya thats normal and how the new controllers work with that stupid thing that holds the left stick down. I dont like that one bit. and makes starting the motors a pain cause you need to pop the stick back out of the detent to get the motors to stay running.

Its very easily removed tho if you wanted it to work right like a normal stick. Inside the controller then is a white plastic clip that clips on to the bottom of the left stick were it moves that has a bump on the clip that engages a bend in the flat spring that it locks in to. if you slide the clip off it will work like normal Or if you want it to go back you can just pop the clip back in place and its back how it was.

This video is very painful (apologies in advance), but he describes how to remove the throttle lock at about the 2:25 minute mark in the video.

Last edited:
Didn't care for the lock ether and just did this and if ya do want it back all ya have to do is push it back down ;) viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34545

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl