New computer for video

Reaction score
My old computer is on its death bed. I’m looking at a Dell with the I 5 7400 quad core processor. It has the intel 630 built in graphics card. Anyone know of the would edit 1080 videos. Thanks

My old computer is on its death bed. I’m looking at a Dell with the I 5 7400 quad core processor. It has the intel 630 built in graphics card. Anyone know of the would edit 1080 videos. Thanks
Why not consider one that will edit 4K for investment preservation?

Reactions: Ripper7620
I’ve heard you need a heck of a lot of computer for 4K. I have a P3s and the highest I can go is 2. 7. Also looking at an Hp that has same processor but 12 gigs of ram. Thanks

I’ve heard you need a heck of a lot of computer for 4K. I have a P3s and the highest I can go is 2. 7. Also looking at an Hp that has same processor but 12 gigs of ram. Thanks
I guess no drone upgrade in your future? ;)

No got a while. I’m an old retired fart. Still learning and having fun with the P3s. Suits my needs for now. My knees still knock only flying 6-7 feet away lol

I'm starting to shop for a new PC myself.

My laptop already has better specs than you listed, but it is about 4 years old now. Im looking to upgrade.

Honestly, I'm going away from a laptop and moving to a desktop. I'm tired of not being able to upgrade components in any meanigful way.

Ram, at least 16gb and a modestly serious video card are my top priorities. I would also like a solid state drive.

I've found that onboard graphics simply fall short for every funation on a pc other than browsing the internet or working very basic programs.

One thing to keep in mind as you shop, your pc will only be as good as its weakest component.

The Hp one I’m looking at has the SSD. I put a video card in my old computer. Probably picking up the Hp tomorrow. If it won’t do video I’ll see if the old video card is compatible. The one I’m looking at is a tower like my old one. I’ll post if it works as is. Good luck

If probably blow the house up lol. I went with the Hp 750-514 tower. Dabbled with video pad and it seems to work fine

Why not build your own PC, and hand pick the components separately?
That's what I did.
You can build an amazingly efficient pc for around $1K.
Here's my parts list, I changed the internal hard drive for a larger solid state and added an external 4Tb. The display is amazing.
System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB OC, FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker
There's some really good youtube vids describing exactly how to construct a strong pc for processing.
I just do not trust bestbuy or costco to know what the hell they are talking about or sell me the right thing.
I was told at bestbuy that graphics cards are in high demand and hard to find (bullshi)

That's what I did.
You can build an amazingly efficient pc for around $1K.
Here's my parts list, I changed the internal hard drive for a larger solid state and added an external 4Tb. The display is amazing.
System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB OC, FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker
There's some really good youtube vids describing exactly how to construct a strong pc for processing.
I just do not trust bestbuy or costco to know what the hell they are talking about or sell me the right thing.
I was told at bestbuy that graphics cards are in high demand and hard to find (bullshi)

Graphics cards are in extremely high demand. They are being used to mine for crypto currency and cards that should be retired are selling for their original retail prices still.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3