New Bird

Reaction score
Just picked up my P4P today. It's blowing like stink outside. I've charged all the he batteries and updated the firmware. Fighting the itch to fly. Would a flight around the house be a bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Unless you live in a gymnasium, you should wait until it clears up outside.

You don't say how much experience you have, but probably none with your new 4. We all get itchy fingers and want to fly, but why risk it? Wouldn't want you to join the "I lost my Phantom on my first flight." club.

Just got mine today, P4P from Amazon and spent a few hours unboxing and charging all the batteries, do update to the bird. I live in MD Eastern Shore and the wind has been blowing all day and now it's dark. Hopefully tomorrow will be good to fly. I have a state park about 14 miles from the house across the bay bridge that I already called and asked if it was Drone friendly and it is!! My first drone so I am excited!!

I somehow found the restraint and packed it away for the evening. I'm hoping for calm wind tomorrow morning.

I've got a snow covered lake down the road that the locals have plowed off a road course on. They race motorcycles there every weekend. There's plenty of room to fly and be well away from the riders a spectators. Im wondering if the bright glare from the snow will be an issue for the p4p.

Just got mine today, P4P from Amazon and spent a few hours unboxing and charging all the batteries, do update to the bird. I live in MD Eastern Shore and the wind has been blowing all day and now it's dark. Hopefully tomorrow will be good to fly. I have a state park about 14 miles from the house across the bay bridge that I already called and asked if it was Drone friendly and it is!! My first drone so I am excited!!

Hey SRJ! I am up on the Magothy, maybe I will catch you sometime at Sandy Point, which is where I assume you're talking about. I am a soaking wet newbie with a P4P+ and a Rise Vusion 250, I fly mostly here at the house out over the river but once spring starts to break I will probably head to Sandy Point depending on your experience there. Good luck and Fly safe!!!

I somehow found the restraint and packed it away for the evening. I'm hoping for calm wind tomorrow morning.

I've got a snow covered lake down the road that the locals have plowed off a road course on. They race motorcycles there every weekend. There's plenty of room to fly and be well away from the riders a spectators. Im wondering if the bright glare from the snow will be an issue for the p4p.

Just found a video here, might be a good reference for you regarding snow Fresh New England Snowfall
I would assume the phantom was equipped with ND filter, otherwise the shutter speed will become too fast for a good video.

I live in the equator and always wondered how snow feels in my hand :)

I ended up purchasing the Polarpro 3 ND filter set. The 4 stop filter seems perfect for the bright sunny days over snow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl