New bird flies like poop

Reaction score
So I've been flying my new Advanced and the camera is off. I calibrated the camera and gimble but it still is off. I don't know which way because when you look at the camera head on while it's hovering at eye level, the camera doesn't appear parallel with the ground. It's at a slight angle. When I'm flying it to the right, facing a building, I have to turn the heading to the left quite a bit so that tells me the camera is looking to the right? At one point when I was flying with the camera pointed down, I could see the left landing strut. Never could see the right one. Any ideas?

I'm not pleased with the performance of my Advantage overall so far. It doesn't seem as responsive as my Standard was. My Standard used to rip. Maybe I'm just flying it tentative right now till I get the feel for the Lightbridge controller. It also doesn't seem to be as precise. I don't know. Again, maybe I just need to gain my confidence back since I crashed my Standard even though it wasn't my flying that caused that crash.. But I know the camera isn't right. Any suggestions? Should I send this one back and see if I can get another one or do I need to tune this one? I didn't do **** to my Standard. I never even calibrated the IMU when I bought it. It flew like butter out of the box. What gives?

I did that last night and it seems like everything was good to go. I guess I can do it again.

I just did everything again and it's still sketchy.

I'll spend all day Saturday messing with it I guess

I hate to hammer on the the level surface - but did you use a level to determine the it was level AND flat?

We have seen this with others in the past and almost all were due to the surface NOT being absolutely flat - absolutely level in all directions.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
LoL , another foam behind the gimbal thread

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought a new camera and it pointed to the left about 5 - 7 degrees. Sent it to DJI and they put on a new one at no cost to me. It was within 6 months the warranty period. Best to let them do it. There is nothing to fix that, been through this forum and there is no fix unless you get lucky with the calibrations.

No need for a video. Looks like the camera is ok. But the bird still flies like **** and I've calibrated everything a few times now. My Standard would hold it's line like it was on a rail. This thing flies all over the place. And I'm talking about 10 feet high, small basic inputs forward and back, side to side. It's a mess. I can't do anything with this.

I either had a really awesome flying Standard or something isn't right with this Advanced. I guess I'll have to send it to DJI and get it back in six months.

I hate to hammer on the the level surface - but did you use a level to determine the it was level AND flat?

We have seen this with others in the past and almost all were due to the surface NOT being absolutely flat - absolutely level in all directions.

I don't have a level but I measured and shimmed the table I used and felt like I got it level. I'll get a level and try one more time.

"Bird still flies like ****".

Ditch the CF props and try it - of course, AFTER you re-calibrate on a level surface. All directions must be level.

ADDED: What flight mode are you using?

P-GPS.

I thought about switching the props to see if that changes the flight characteristics. I don't know why that would matter though as I went from plastic to CF on my Standard and it didn't have any of these problems. I'll try it anyways.

Now it's too windy to fly. SMH.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl