Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New battery life

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by RickD, Apr 16, 2014.

1. RickD

I just bought a new battery (my 5th) and on my first flight I got 14:58 min before I hit my 1st alarm set for 20% (actually it was at 18% once I landed and stopped the timer). I had fully charged the battery 24 hours before this flight for the first time. Even with 20% left, I would only have gotten 3 more minutes of flight. So a new battery that is billed as a 25 minute battery that only gets 15 minutes at 80% seems defective to me. I did not time my other batteries like this but I have been getting around 17 minutes at a 30% warning with my others after 5-10 discharges each. Should I return this battery to Amazon or might it get better times with more charging and discharges?

2. dentedk

depends on what you have installed.....everything adds weight and everything draws power. Operating temps affect it too....when I was flying in the cold I was getting 12-13 min flights......I am up to 15-16 now. Everything 15-20th cycle it down past 8% and fully charger it again. Read through here.....most people are getting in the 15-18 min range with GoPro, IOSD, Transmitter, etc

3. Ozzyguy

A new battery will take a certain amount of charge discharge cycles to reach full capacity