New Battery Error Problem...I'm ready to trash this thing!

Reaction score
Just got my repaired P3P back today. Testing has revealed an immediate problem.
Constant red "Battery Error".

• Latest Firmware, remote and app versions. (also cycled all batteries to be safe)
• Comes and goes but so far functions properly even with the error flashing (Not flying above 10 feet to be safe)
• If I land while its red and shut the props off...it won't restart.
• Tried 4 different batteries, same results
• All bats are fully seated, snapped in and connected
• All bats are DJI P3 batteries (22-29 cycles, 100% life)
• Cleaned Phantom contacts with 100% Alcohol and Q-tip
• ODDLY it doesn't seem to give the error until batteries get down to the 70-60% mark

After falling from the sky at 400 feet, DJI "repairing" a bird that was 85% totaled for FREE because it was obviously not pilot error, waiting to get it back... and now this..right out of the box no more than 7 minutes of the first battery! "...your Phantom was tested and is fully functional...." my a$$
IMG_3490.jpg

My patience for DJI's product is waning. I'm ever so tired of this.
My apologies for my attitude but I'm just about done.

Last edited:
Just got my repaired P3P back today. Testing has revealed an immediate problem.
Constant red "Battery Error".

• Latest Firmware, remote and app versions. (also cycled all batteries to be safe)
• Comes and goes but so far functions properly even with the error flashing (Not flying above 10 feet to be safe)
• If I land while its red and shut the props off...it won't restart.
• Tried 4 different batteries, same results
• All bats are DJI P3 batteries (22-29 cycles, 100% life)
• Cleaned Phantom contacts with 100% Alcohol and Q-tip
• ODDLY it doesn't seem to give the error until batteries get down to the 70-60% mark

After falling from the sky at 400 feet, DJI "repairing" a bird that was 85% totaled for FREE because it was obviously not pilot error, waiting to get it back... and now this..right out of the box no more than 7 minutes of the first battery! "...your Phantom was tested and is fully functional...." my a$$View attachment 31534 .

My patience for DJI's product is waning. I'm ever so tired of this $**t.
My apologies for my attitude but I'm just about done.
That is unfortunate for sure.... understand your frustration. That error is probably caused by the battery not contacting the small pins in the housing when you push it in and it locks. Make sure the battery in push in fully and locked-- even if it is out 1mm, this error will occur. If it is all the way if it looks like it is all the way in then and is making good contact, the contacts may have something on them that is preventing good contact on those pins..... thoroughly clean all those contacts with electrical contact cleaner.

If that doesn't help, then it has to be something internal on the craft since it is happening with all the batteries.

That is unfortunate for sure.... understand your frustration. That error is probably caused by the battery not contacting the small pins in the housing when you push it in and it locks. Make sure the battery in push in fully and locked-- even if it is out 1mm, this error will occur. If it is all the way if it looks like it is all the way in then and is making good contact, the contacts may have something on them that is preventing good contact on those pins..... thoroughly clean all those contacts with electrical contact cleaner.

If that doesn't help, then it has to be something internal on the craft since it is happening with all the batteries.

Thanks for the reply.
All bats were fully seated, snapped in and connected. I've cleaned all contacts...battery and P3..... like 5 times. I've checked the pins... there are four right? They all push and spring back fine but the top left one "sticks" a bit when I push it alone. Regardless it still pushes and comes right back to its resting position.

Thanks for the reply. All bats were fully seated, snapped in and connected. I've cleaned all contacts...battery and P3..... like 5 times.
I guess you send it back-- that stinks.:(:(

Yup. That's what it's looking like.
On the other side, mine has been almost flawless-- and the experience has been great-- except for having to hear about the "bad" things that have happened to some of the other folks. Luck of the draw-- I guess for some.

On the other side, mine has been almost flawless-- and the experience has been great-- except for having to hear about the "bad" things that have happened to some of the other folks. Luck of the draw-- I guess for some.
I hear you. But my track record with DJI is shotty at best. This bird isn't the first DJI return Iv'e had to make due to a malfunctioning product straight out of the box. So much so I made it a policy to NEVER buy anything direct from DJI. B&H replaces it with a new unit within 7 days if its not working... period.

It's beyond me why they didn't just give me a new one. Mine fell out of the sky - literally - from 400 feet and hit the ground right at 43mph. This battery contact, part or whatever is about the only thing they didn't have to "replace."

From DJI:
"Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the main board, shell, landing gears, gimbal, and monocular sensor were damaged. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional."

I hear you. But my track record with DJI is shotty at best. This bird isn't the first DJI return Iv'e had to make due to a malfunctioning product straight out of the box.

It's beyond me why they didn't just give me a new one. Mine fell out of the sky - literally - from 400 feet and hit the ground right at 43mph. This battery contact, part or whatever is about the only thing they didn't have to "replace."

From DJI:
"Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the main board, shell, landing gears, gimbal, and monocular sensor were damaged.
The return note should state, upon flying, I found that the battery connections to be faulty causing a Battery error and if the main board, is not getting the proper power, then it will fall out of the sky again just like it did previously. SEND ME A NEW P3 and SEND THIS ONE TO THE LANDFILL!!

Reactions: gfredrone
The return note should state, upon flying, I found that the battery connections to be faulty causing a Battery error and if the main board, is not getting the proper power, then it will fall out of the sky again just like it did previously. SEND ME A NEW P3 and SEND THIS ONE TO THE LANDFILL!!

Ok... good one. That made me laugh. I need to calm down and eat some fruit or something.

Reactions: bobmyers
Im wondering if it may be the plug on the wires that go from the block with the pins on it to the board.
are you able to go to the battery info page in the app and see all your cells voltages and stuff?

Im wondering if it may be the plug on the wires that go from the block with the pins on it to the board.
are you able to go to the battery info page in the app and see all your cells voltages and stuff?
No problems there. Every battery shows up under the DJI go app. Also voltages and information is live and accounted for.

No problems there. Every battery shows up under the DJI go app. Also voltages and information is live and accounted for.
Sorry you're having these problems. I'm surprised they repaired it instead of shipping a new one. Since it does that on multiple batteries I think you should demand a total replacement and you should threaten them with you going to their Chinese headquarters, finding el presendente and stuffing the thing where the sun don't shine. :(

On second thought that might not be a good idea. The President would probably send the Chinese Mafia after you to steal your dog or something almost as worse.

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones with the P3P. After having a P2 go crazy around 200' and self destruct when it hit the ground sideways at 50+ mph I decided rather than spend the $ to fix it to get a P3P and so far just minor software problems that seemed to correct itself. But...If this one crashes I will go back to my previous hobby which was being a couch potato.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl