New Asus zenpad 8" tab-

Reaction score
Just arrived. This will be so let for my p3s.
What is the best way to make my tab run the best? I will use both DjiGo and Litchi apps.
I'm not using it for anything else. So what do I need to keep or what do I need to toss?
What versions of the apps do I get? I had the older one (and worked great till tab died. Told to stay away from newer versions
What size micro SD card should I use in the tab?
Do I load the apps onto tab or onto card? Is that possible?
Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure this new tab works as best it can and longer than my last samsung tab A.
Plus I'm having flying withdrawals. It's been over 4 weeks
Thanks for any help
Mike

Without rooting, which is scary, disable as many apps as possible. I don't recall it comes with anything that can be uninstalled. You can try uninstalling in the settings. At the very least, just disable. My ASUS is running Android 6.0 and seems stable with GO while Litchi has crashed on occasion. I disabled automatic updates to prevent Android 7.1 from updating. So far it hasn't presented 7.1 so maybe it's happy with 6.0.

With the p3S I doubt you will have any issues running the latest versions of GO and Litchi. At least I don't. I load everything on the internal 32G card. If there is another SD card in there I've never used it. The Go app runs fine, especially on a P3S. DJI doesn't mess with it much. It always seems to be GO4 that is not playing well with others. As for Litchi, I think it's the iOS version that was just released and is problematic. I'm going out on Saturday so I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I was using the Zenpad exclusively before I acquired an NVIDIA Shield K1. Now I switch back and forth and actually like the ASUS better. Good choice for the P3S.

How do I know what apps I can disable without doing something bad to tablet is causing it not to work?

How do I know what apps I can disable without doing something bad to tablet is causing it not to work?
Great question. Make a note of the icons that appear on your screen. If it looks like useless junk, disable it in settings.

It won't let you disable system files or anything like that. I just checked mine and it really didn't come with anything. Unlike a phone that's often loaded with games and stuff, this tablet is pretty lean.

Great question. Make a note of the icons that appear on your screen. If it looks like useless junk, disable it in settings.

It won't let you disable system files or anything like that. I just checked mine and it really didn't come with anything. Unlike a phone that's often loaded with games and stuff, this tablet is pretty lean.

Only the ones that show on tablet screens? If I go into settings/apps, there are tons like YouTube etc... whatevercame wirh the tab. Do i disable these?

Just took her out. Only downloaded djigo for now. Ran fine with no crashes. Maybe me but picture seemed a bit grainy.
Now when in camera mode, fpv is fine but when you switch to video mode, the live picture gets choppy.
I hope there is a adjustment in settings or fix for this.
Any ideas?
Mike

Only the ones that show on tablet screens? If I go into settings/apps, there are tons like YouTube etc... whatevercame wirh the tab. Do i disable these?
It's entirely up to you. Personally, I leave YouTube active as I use it from time to time. Disabling apps will often save on battery life as well.

Just took her out. Only downloaded djigo for now. Ran fine with no crashes. Maybe me but picture seemed a bit grainy.
Now when in camera mode, fpv is fine but when you switch to video mode, the live picture gets choppy.
I hope there is a adjustment in settings or fix for this.
Any ideas?
Mike
Exciting times! Go into the app and check video cache recording. All it does is add a second recording on your tablet. And it drags on the processing power of the tablet. I keep mine turned off.

Exciting times! Go into the app and check video cache recording. All it does is add a second recording on your tablet. And it drags on the processing power of the tablet. I keep mine turned off.
I'm going to try that now.
Should be able to test in house without flying???
I'm planning in head I g out go beach tonight to get sunset.
Hope this works.
Mike

I'm going to try that now.
Should be able to test in house without flying???
I'm planning in head I g out go beach tonight to get sunset.
Hope this works.
Mike

Yes, you can test in your home. Obviously don't try to take-off. Power up the drone, radio control and then the tablet. Be prepared for some signal interference if your home wi-fi signal is like mine. You may need to go into your wi-fi settings on the tablet and select the drone.

Dusk is one of the best times to fly. Film people like to refer to it as "the Golden Hour." And you won't need a sun shade with the ASUS at dusk. In fact, I flew on Sunday at 2PM and the ASUS did pretty darn good. Nevertheless, I deployed my sun shade anyway but prtobably could have gotten by without it. You may have to adjust your display settings for best results. You can try pushing the brightness all the way up manually or set it for automatic adjustment. Once the tablet realizes it's outside it will really crank it up.

Lastly, if you are on Android 6 turn off the automatic updates just in case. The Go app runs good on 6.

How do I know if I have Android 6?

Took her out. Went 6700+ before it lost signal. Might have been able to get a little more.
When I got home, I went to look at the pics and video through the djigo app and was not there. Is that because i turned off the cache?
I know i can get them off the SS card from drone camera but just wanted to tinker with the djigo editing stuff.
Any suggestions?

How do I know if I have Android 6?

Took her out. Went 6700+ before it lost signal. Might have been able to get a little more.
When I got home, I went to look at the pics and video through the djigo app and was not there. Is that because i turned off the cache?
I know i can get them off the SS card from drone camera but just wanted to tinker with the djigo editing stuff.
Any suggestions?
Wowzers. That's awesome on stock antenna, and actually twice the distance DJI specs. You must have had very clear conditions. You mentioned the beach so that would explain it.

Regarding pics and video once you turn off the cache you will not record any video or photos on the app. I've never tried their editing but give a shot next time. Just turn the caching back on but be prepared for some video lag.

To see what version of Android you are running, give your screen a swipe up and you should see a screen that reads Manage Home with 9 icons below. Touch System Settings. From there you can scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Look for About and give that a tap.

In the middle of the page you will see Android version.

If you're happy with the way everything is working, tap on System Update at the top (it may take two taps). Don't worry, this alone will not update your system. Look for Auto-download system update and you will see a pop-up. I have "Don't auto-download the system update" checked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart