new 4 Pro Plus, will it force an update

Reaction score
I posted this in the new firmware forum, but haven't gotten any direct responses. I apologize for posting it as a new thread, but I hope this way I'll get directed feedback. .

Long standing P4 registered owner who will be receiving the P4 Pro plus in the next day. Having read the new firmware thread, I am asking advise on initial start up of the drone.
When I got the P4 it asked me to register the drone with DJI. It also updated all the firmware on registration.

Having read all of the new firmware issues, and a rather strong suggestion not to update at this time, should i establish a new account for the Phantom 4 pro as I sold the phantom 4? Or keep my same account.

Also, after I register the drone, can I simply refuse the software update? It seems, having read this thread, that it is best to no update till the issues arr resolved.

So, basically, what is the best recommendation for a prior P4 owner on receipt of the new P4 Pro plus which hasn't been registered.

Thanks

It also updated all the firmware on registration.
Firmware is never automatically updated. The DJI GO app will only prompt you to install the firmware.

after I register the drone, can I simply refuse the software update?
Yes. Firmware updates are always optional.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl