NEED WIFI Module. Where to buy?

Reaction score
I've seen it on helipal and amazon for 189.99. Really? Is there anywhere cheaper?

Might as well put the 189 towards the P3 advanced, but then I'm stuck with all these P2 batteries

lol

$189 is a good deal for that part.

I've seen it on helipal and amazon for 189.99. Really? Is there anywhere cheaper?

Might as well put the 189 towards the P3 advanced, but then I'm stuck with all these P2 batteries

lol
check Ebay!

lol
Mike Holt (530-277-5366) - lots of parts - guaranteed. I am guessing $100.

Just bought one off Ebay for $49.

NEW ones are $189.00, don't think you'll find one cheaper. For what it is, if there was any competition, price would probably be, what, 39.95?

How can antennas be bad ? I have also problems with mine constantly connection and then after 30 sec saying Connection broken, everything 2ft from the copter.

Antennas can break at the pin which runs through the board that connects them. That crack will make the signal intermittent.

If the antenna is cracked, it is likely somewhat loose on the board. Or it might be crooked on the board. Check it out. If it's cracked it should come right off. Clear the solder from the hole. Then you get yourself a new antenna for $5 and solder it in.

Im having Connection broken messages in my app and WiFi seems to be working. When I turn the Phantom ON it gives WiFi on InSSIDer program and its signal goes from -70 dBi to -95 dBi, it pulsates all the time to -95 dBi when the extender is not ON. That is why I want to know how can I check to find out what the problem is, WiFi, extender or the antennas.

Im having Connection broken messages in my app and WiFi seems to be working. When I turn the Phantom ON it gives WiFi on InSSIDer program and its signal goes from -70 dBi to -95 dBi, it pulsates all the time to -95 dBi when the extender is not ON. That is why I want to know how can I check to find out what the problem is, WiFi, extender or the antennas.

Find the hidden wifi and connect to it.
Once connected, use DOS commands to find its IP and then ping it.
If the ping fails, then the wifi module is bad.

Back on topic.. I have a spare V2 non-perforated module (my backup) that has been revised with the artic 5 silver 'fix'. The only problem is that I'm too lazy to open up my P2 to validate that its still working. The last test I did (a year ago), I managed 800m at 640x480@15fps and 650 at 640*480@30fps. The only mods was that my P2 has a North South Wifi antenna.

V2 Module 640x480@30fps.
DBS%20atenna%20relocation%20640x480%2015fps.png

North South wifi antennas
DBS%20antenna%20relocation.jpg

What country are you from Falcon? If you are interested, I might sell at a reasonable price.
Thanks

Just bought a newer style controller (4 LEDs) WITH WiFi extender for $7 on eBay. Anything much more than that isn't necessary!

Just bought a newer style controller (4 LEDs) WITH WiFi extender for $7 on eBay. Anything much more than that isn't necessary!

he's talking about internal WiFi unit, not RE (range extender) which is what you're referring too.
and i'm pretty sure that if you got the controller with the RE for $7 it's defective ;)

Typo! Should have read "$47", but it DOES work with my P2V+. I just wasn't clear on which end of the WiFi link he was referring to.

Typo! Should have read "$47", but it DOES work with my P2V+. I just wasn't clear on which end of the WiFi link he was referring to.
oh ok.
yeah $47 is a good deal for V3 controller with RE700, i assume that's the RE that came with.
usually just the RE700 is more than that :)

Yes, the wIfI Extender came with it, and it's the newer style with four LEDs. It bound correctly (eventually) due to my inability to follow directions. I have two former wives who will attest to that! But I saw prices for similar controllers like mine with WiFi extenders going from around $40 to $75. Guess I got lucky, both with my formerly drowned P2V+ and THE CONTROLLER.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl